Monday, November 29, 2004

You just take more than you give

Christmas is just 26 days away. As a Christian, it's a pretty big event because that is when we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. I think many of us including myself forget this as we get caught up in this whole commerical xmas presents/trees/festival craze. I made the commitment about two years ago to become a Christian and I'm not really sure what i have done about it. I mean I help out in Church as much as possible but there has been a lack of effort on my behalf to do anything else.

People often ask me what does the phrase "no turning back" mean as its attached to all my emails that I sent out. I guess to me once I became a Christian it was a life long commitment and there was no turning back to a life without Jesus.


Birthday/XMAS presents list

Dawen always ask me what should I get you for your birthday and I always give the same response : "world peace" and then she gives me the same sigh and says "how do i get that?"

Here are some of the things that i want for xmas in no particular order:


  • For me and Dawen to continue being happy and going out :P
  • An allen iverson killer crossover
  • For my grandma to live another healthy year
  • For Ron Artest to come back on the court and just play ball
  • For all my fantasy bball teams to come first
  • For Grant Hill to continue his amazing comeback
  • for the Ukraine to sort out their political mess and have some legit government.
  • to end the Israeli-Palestinian conflict once and for all
  • Every kid in the world to live in an safe environment without fear of war, horror, hunger or shelter.
  • For the Chicago Bulls to win the 2005 championship
  • For the Padstow Church to continue growing
  • For me to expand my mind and grow in confidence
  • To speak Cantonese AND Mandarin fluently
  • To pass all my PLT subjects
  • For you to continue reading this blog and add some comments!

If you think you can't get any of the above for me by xmas in time might I suggest some alternatives? Either contribute to the "DJ HO needs a car fund" which is a worthwhile charitable cause or sponsor a child for me instead of getting me a present.

~~~~~~~~~*~~~*~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

Check this price list from World Vision gift catalogue:

Five chickens to support families in East Timor $45

Traditional birth attendant kit in Somalia $77

Eye surgery and treatment for a child in Ethiopia $78

Emergency relief supplies for a family $100

Community toilet in Malawi $170

Surgery for a disabled child in Chad $651

The difference you can make on someone's life - Priceless.

Once I start working full time I'm gonna sponsor a child as it's only $39 a month. The money doesn't go to the child, it gets pooled together with other money for other children in the community and goes toward projects like toilets, taps, better eductation, etc......


No comments: