Monday, November 01, 2004

The Pacers Just Got Abused!

This kind of stuff just makes my stomach turn.I cannot (repeat ABSOLUTELY CANNOT) understand why the Indiana Pacers resigned Jamal "The Abuser" Tinsley for 6 years at $40-50 million dollars. What were the Pacers thinking? This is ridiculous. Tinsley stats are "averaged 8.3 points, 2.6 rebounds and 5.8 assists per game in 2003-04". If that doesn't disgust you what about this: "It was a happy ending for a player who started last season third on the depth chart behind Kenny Anderson and Anthony Johnson".

I have no idea how a player with Tinsleys lack of skill/ability/potential ends up with so much money. This bloke was a third string point guard on his own team. Can anyone say Adonal Foyle? I could name 29 point guards better than him. I wouldn't even select him for my fantasy team, let alone be my starting point guard. it's not as if there's no point guards around. I want to leave this rant with this gem of a quote:

"He played so well over the second half of the season that Pacers president Larry Bird dubbed him the team's next All Star".

Pigs might fly before he makes the All Star Squad. I think Larry Bird might have been misquoted on this. How would The Abuser beat out the East Guards such as Paul Pierce, Marbury, AI, Francis, Lebron & Ron Artest (although may qualify as SF), Dwayne Wade, Gilbert Arenas?

I want to leave with the absolutely funniest part of the article:

"When asked how much the contract will pay him, the soft-spoken Tinsley would only say, "Enough"."


You Got Paid.

No comments: