Friday, November 12, 2004

Exams, Exams

I got my exams tomorrow, and although I don't feel stressed out, I must be. Why? Because I have these painful ulcers in my mouth (Cringe). I always seem to get sick around exam time as well. Seriously, this is like the worst period in the whole year. This is when you do the mad late night cram sesssions, shoving as much info into your brain as possible and regurgitating it during the exam.

I really can't wait til all this stuff is over. Hopefully, I won't have to do another exam ever again.


Great Black Hype

How cool is this? There's this Black African guy from Ethopia who might be in the Essendon AFL squad. He only started playing about 6 weeks ago, but this guy is a beast. He broke the clubs 20M sprint record, vertical leap, and agility test. He's a full athlete with a background in playing basketball and soccer. To me, that's the perfect but highly unusual pedigree for AFL.

You need the rebounding skills of basketball to grab those high balls, plus this dude must have some serious hops (NB: He's black and broke the vertical record). Also, he's got the foot co-ordination down pat, having played soccer and used both feet. And he's friggin huge - 196cm, but only 76 kg. I reckon this guy could be the Hakeem Olajuwon of the AFL. A dude with mad footwork, and also an intense desire to succeed.

If I could choose some NBA players to make the AFL, this is who I would select:

- Shaq: Cause it'd just be funny. He has amazing agility, plus he just crushes everyone else. Not sure about the stamina though.

- Kobe: Cause he just glides in the air and he could utilise those hops.

- KG: I want him to scream in the face of someone after he's kicked a goal.

- Earl Boykins: He'd just run around crazy like Michael O'Loughlin, and it's be funny seeing him run around.

- Ron Artest: He full shut down anyone with his phyiscal nature and also his size (6'8 250 pounds). Plus it'd be interesting seeing him throwing cameras around aftera loss.

- Kenyon Martin: Love to see him ram a few people with some shoulder charges. And throw some 'bows.

1 comment:

nayfon said...

how about AI - he could somehow look thugged out in football shorts. Plus his footwork is amazing...however his goal conversion rate may be a little down. :)