Monday, November 01, 2004

Big Band is a flop

What was with the big band format for australian Idol? It sucked! Although Mark "Touchdown" Holden proclaimed it early on as one of the best shows ever, I can confidently say it rates as one of the worst ever. No one suited big band except for Courtney "she will be loved" Murphy. All the songs were boring as. It just wasn't interesting and I turned it off and finished off my assignment (shock, horror, gasp! Me turn it off?)

Prediction: Casey Donovan is out.

Kryptonite
I'm listening to the new Guy Sebastien album now. I've only listened to 4-5 tracks and I hvae to say it's not bad. I like what I have heard so far although it got slayed by the music critics in the SMH. Although I must admit that the article did say it's for "guy-hards". Am I Guy-hard? That's a rhetorical question, but feel free to pay me out on the comments section :P.

Actually, you know who Guy sounds like? Tim said this first, but i have to slightly agree - D'Angelo. I have the D'Angelo Brown Sugar album, and their voices are quite similar.

Heavy Rotation

I took this concept from Bucky, stating what he is currently listening to. Well, my favourite song at the moment is "Two Can play that game" by Bobby Brown feat Teddy Riley. OK you might think Bobby is gay, but in the late 80's, early 90's he was the bomb. He's old skool (as in the time period). My bro who thinks he's some kind of RNB historian, claims he was the "Justin Timberlake of that era". Not sure about that, but Bobby was huge back then. He's kind of regressed heaps with his latest song from memory the one with Ja Rule, where he's just screaming in the background.

This song has the funkiest beat I've heard in a while (although I have heard this song a few years back but neglected to play the CD). It's in the new jack swing style and produced by Teddy Riley. Teddy even raps in the song, and he's on point as well. Very slick song, and i reckon most people would like it too. Just want to say that Bobby Brown was a integral member of New Edition as well - perhaps even the member. I'd have to check with Ken (a self proclaimed new edition fan) but Bobby was the soul of the group. Although the other guys were talented in their own right, without him it would have been like Michael Jordan and the Bulls.

In fact, I need to grab the CD and play it right now. In short, Bobby had skills.

No comments: