Monday, November 01, 2004

Dreaded lit file is done

The litigatoin assignemnt is done. Well pretty much done. From tomorrow, i am gonna start studying for exams. If you don't hear from me for the next 26 days, its because i'm in exam lock down mode. I'm going to go out with a bang. That is, for the next 25 or so days, I'm gonna study my ass off.

Congrats are in order
To Ivan, congrats on getting a vacation work position with a pre-eminent law firm. both my proteges have done well (ivan with freehills and jacquline with PWC) - btw i'm kidding with the protege thing LOL. I just try to help people where I can.

Fantasy Draft
Very happy with my selections although a bit forward happy. I just decided to draft regardless of positoin and ended up with KG/JO/Amare with my first 3 picks. Then i took more forwards with Donyell Marshall/Artest/Jefferson. Then I realised i was screwed and decided to take some centers and guards. BUt we drafted 30 players each (well me and ken stayed the whole night). Pretty crazy.

Two loves in my life

There are two important things in my life right now. One of them is my girlfriend, dawen. She is a very special person in my life and we have been through a lot in the last 4 years or so (who's counting). I know that we have had our ups and downs, but i think we've enjoyed every minute of it :-) . There are obviously things that i would have like to have differently and there are also things that i wouldlt' have. Life is full of suprises and so is the 4.G.O2 building at UTS 4 years ago LOL. I don't want to write too much about this as it's getting too personal and this blog apparently has many more readers than I thought it did (why don't you leave comments??!!)

My other passion in life is basketball. I'm not sure if you've gathered, but I've obsessed wtih basketball. Whether, I'm reading an article in ESPN, analysing stats, reading box scores, playing NBA live, playing basketball at uni/Blakehurst, talking about bball with someone, or watching a video about top ten dunks. People talk about a work/life balance but to me its a basketaball/life balance. Why do I love this game? It's simple and easy to play, and joyous to watch. The action, showmanship and the spectacular moves make it unparelled as a sport. The players are also incredible and I have worshipped them since I started collecting basketball cards in year 7.

I don't know where this is from but I think I heard Hoi said it once:

"I didn't choose basketball, Basketball chose me."

And I like this quote as well. Me and Alex (where have gone to now?) used to like saying this too:

"Ball Above All"

I'm pretty sure we stole that line from somewhere, but its so appropriate. I think in another life, I must have been a basketball player lol. Well minus the skills anyway.


No comments: