Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Music makes me high

Ricki Lee gets booted out
All I can say is "WHAT HAPPENED?!!!!!!". How does the number one performer every week, with the potential to see records, a natural entertainer, with touch down potential get evicted? Seriously, what is going on? I don't understand how Marty got to stay, as did Hailey. I'm sorry, I'll give credit where credit is due, and Ricki Lee deserves to stay over these guys.

The message boards on the idol website have been going crazy since Ricki got voted off. My theory is that everyone knew she was number one and expected everyone else to vote for her. I think the series will be much worse without her. Who do i blame for this? You and me. Why? Because the majority of us watch the show yet don't vote. I'm as big as fan as any, but I don't want to waste my money voting and I also can't be bothered. All I can say is, we have to suffer the consequences.

New prediction: Mr Plastic, Anthony Calleas will be Australian Idol.

On a side note, Guy Sebastien will be touring in November/December and will be at the State Theatre on 4th December 2004.

Competiton for my dollars
I loooooove watching live music. It's get my head nodding and adrenalin pumping. I always have a good time at concerts (exception: only when main act doesnt arrive - Busta Rhymes). There is too much good upcoming concerts coming up, all competing for my limited money and my limited time. Details as below:

Concert: date, cost, sale date, venue.

Pharcyde: 16th October 2004, $50, now, Metro.
Brief summary: old skool rap underground , good reputation amongst knowledage hip hop heads (i.e. Tim), group consists of MC/drummer, keyboard player.

Alicia Keys: 28 October 2004, $91!!!!, now, Enmore.
Brief: excellent singer, superb instruments player, writes her own song, international superstar, grammy award winner. Not sure if great if live performance, more a studio person.

BlackEyed Peas: 18 October 2004, $75, now, Hordern Pavillion.
Brief: Just shut up, Just shut up! Commercial sellout or broadeing their target audience? I wanted to see this two years ago when they weren't so big (and commerical). It'll be a hyped up, lively performance, with plenty of teenyboppers. In short, I'm going! They have nice commerical feel good songs, changed from underground rap days eg. the weekend. Their whole sound has changed and they got this female vocal singer now.

Cypress Hill: 11 December 2004, cost NOt released yet, sale on 13 October, Hordern Pavilion.
Brief: Insane in the Membrane! These guys have been around for ages. They were really popular in early to mid 1990's. Bunch of latino rappers, have their own unique twineny sound. Can't explain, you have to listen to it. Not sure if many people will like them.

Big Day out: 26 January 2005, $103, 15 october - sale date, Olympic Park.
Brief: HELLO NASTY!Event of the year amongst rock fans. Why am I considering going? Because Beastie Boys are the headline act. It's got a decent line up (despite what Ashby thinks) that I'd like to see: Chemical Bros, Powderfinger, Grinspoon, the streets, freestylers, I want to go simply because I hvaen't been before and it should be an enjoyable event. Has the event sold out commerically? Not sure, perhaps becuase they are trying to cater for a wider audience.

No comments: