Friday, October 08, 2004

Mighty Bulldogs!

I am so happy that the bulldogs won the NRL premiership. All I can is, we deserve it. For everything that we (the bulldog fans) went through, we stood by them through thick and thin. I never believed that the bulldogs were rapists, and so what if we overpaid the players?We copped the penalty on the chin and it's all in the past.

The game was good but not great. I wasn't all that confident going into halftime as the boys from belmore were down. But the typical Canterbury fightback ensured and we were ahead. however, the last 20 mintues had me very nervous even though the dogs were in front. I just kept thinking "hold on boys". When Michael Crocker broke the line, I thought that was it. But Superman aka Andrew Ryan came swooping down and ankle tapped him and saved the day.

Sonny Bill Williams (SB) hit on Chris Flanner was a ball breaker. In case you didn't know, Flannery came into the game with an injury cloud, specifically a ruptured testicle which had been "repaired" through surgery. Flannery's first hit up was cut short by the kid with the iron shoulder (Sonny Bill). Flannery did a step and had Sonny slight off balance, but Sonny just whacked him with his right shoulder and loose forearm. The impact knocked Chris into a spin, and flipped him 180 degrees. Then to add rup salt into the wound, Sonny then jumped on him and tackled him. The hit was just AMAZING. The collision was colossal. I thought this dude only hit with his left shoulder, but his right was just as effective. There's no technique in the move, just sheer brute strength and timing.

Flannery actaully said, if SB hit him a bit lower, his testicles might have been gooooone. I think SB served notice to rest of the world that if you run at him, your gonna get smashed. In this interview with Andrew Johns, he asked SB if he only did hits with the left shoulder, but he replied that he could do it with either one, it just depended on where the other player was. Andrew Middleton (the commenator on the footy show) said it best "I'm not going anywhere near that number 17 (SB)".

In other news, I'm gonna get a Canterbury jersey. It's about $150 - $180 depending on which one you get. I was at the Peter Wynn store in Parra, and they were selling like hotcakes. I don't have the money to get it right now, but I will be getting one!. I really don't want the one they are selling now, but rather a retro one that they were wearing in the early 90's. I'm not a big fan of the shiny nike one, rather the rugged white jersey with the blue v-neck is more my style.

No comments: