Friday, October 08, 2004

busta get busted

THe busta rhyme concert sucked big time. WHy? because busta (the main act) didn't show up! I paid $85 and stood for four hours in the concert hall, and he cancelled on us. What a rip off. I will be getting a refund but seriously, it was so bad that nite. I knew something was up when the support acts went for ages. Usually support acts don't got for that long, but the last support act Bliss N Eso went for like 40 minutes and I heard from people that Busta Rhyme was held up at the airport. The Host (Mya Jupiter) came on stage and said that the show would be delayed for 20 mintues, but after 25 minutes, he still didn't show up. The crowd got pretty testy and started chanting "Bullsh*t". Furthermore, a few people started chucking plastic bottles and then it escalated, with everyone chucking stuff. It was raining plastic beer cups and water bottles.

In the news, it reported that there were several fights and that chairs were being thrown. THe only thing i saw was a fight between some islanders, but it was quickly broken up by their own peoples. I never saw a chair being thrown and the only chairs were like 300metres outside, near the reception/bar area. I don't think even the most pissed off busta rhyme fan/hardcore homie would drag a lounge chair 300 metres through a hostile crowd and throw it at an empty stage.

All I can is that I was extremely disappointed and frustrated with the whole night. I will never buy a busta rhyme CD, and have pretty much stopped listening to his music. Although I must admit, I did put on "woohah, got you all in check" single the next morning.

On a side note, the local australian acts were actually entertaining. Well maybe not the first two. USO performed, and they were a bunch of Samoans rapping, but I didn't really feel their style. They just seemed to be screaming a lot. The beatboxer was actually quite good though. MC Trey (a female MC) and her group were nice. They were in rhythm and had some excellent lines. i was really feeling them and so was the crowd. Bliss N Eso, a group of 2 MC's were aiight. Why? Cause I got a free copy of their sampler! Honestly, they had some good songs and had some crowd interaction. Their freestyles were flowing well and they had a crowd following as well, cause i noticed some people wearing bliss n eso t-shirts.

I still have that live hip hop itch (Bliss N Eso and USO didn;t do it for me) and will be going to see Pharcyde soon, a rap group from the US.


No comments: