Thursday, October 28, 2004

Cumbria?

Have you ever heard of a place called CUMBRIA? I just find this absolutely ridiculous. The australians just annhilated Cumbria 64-12 in the rugby league. Firstly, why are they playing Cumbria? Cumbria apparently is "a county of northwestern England". i don't understand why the aussies have to warm up against a district side.

When Mark O'Meley score three tries in the game, you know your in trouble. THis game was equivalent to the USA dream team playing the Bankstown Bruins in basketball. There's just no competition.

Furthermore, I have to get something else off my chest. Why are the Australians worrying about not having Craig Fitzgibbon and Shaun TImmons for the England v Aust. game? There is just so much depth in the NRL, there would be plenty of replacements. They could take Ben Roarty and Dene Halatu and still win (who in fact they did play for australia against cumbria).

Wayne Bennett the austrlian coach was full talking up the English side saying their the equivalent of our side. I haven't any super league games this year, but judging on past performance, I'm sure they can't be any better than the South Sydney Rabbitohs. I just think its utterly ridiculous how they pump the opposition as if they even have a chance. It totally reminds me of the Australia v Fiji test a few years back, when in the Fiji side there was like only 1 NRL player suiting up for Fiji. It's just stupid. It's like me going up one on one against Kevin Garnett. Garnett would get slaughtered lol.

And what 's the deal with the Waratahs still chasing Braith Anasta for 2006? I think that's going a bit too far. Seriously, he's not that good that he will singlehandly turn their side around.

Other ridiculous one one matchups:

1. Me v Aadesh: I just get taken to skool (i.e beaten very badly)
2. KG v Rick Rickbert: KG gets skooled, forced to punch Rick in the head.
3. Me v Ashby: I can score anytime, Ashby can score anytime.
4. Me v Dawen: Again, I get taken to skool.
5. Me v Any guy in the bankstown league in 2003: HO goes 0 for 10, 5 turnovers, and 4 personal fouls, collects team fees.
6. Shaq v Danny fortson: Danny - "i can give shaq a hard time". Shaq's reply "He's a tree stump".
7. David Tua v Lennox Lewis: Lewis goes "you need to come at me with more than a right hook and a haircut" hahahaha.

1 comment:

nayfon said...

Anasta is a champ, he turns good teams into champions :)
But I think the Waratahs should move on, they should pick up Manny Edmonds who ex-coach Bob Dwyer never favoured. He recently won player of the year in the French RU comp, so he can't be that bad.