Thursday, October 14, 2004

Hot in herrrrrrreeee

The day after tomorrow
So hot, so hot, in herrrrrrrreeeee! That Nelly song is right on point about yesterday's weather. 38 degrees, it was like a furnace. I felt like I was in the sauna all day. Prolly more so, becoz I had decided to rock my new Dr J jersey but foolishly decided to wear a t-shirt underneath (cause I don't want to show off my beefy arms). So I was sweating like a pig. THen I had to walk home from Revesby station as I had decided that I couldn't wait at Central any longer. Revesby is like 20 mintues from my house and wearing two layers (t-shirt and jersey) didn't make it any better.

Can you say global warming?

Reviews
Also listened to the Bliss N Eso CD about 4-5 times. It's pretty good. Got some tight tracks on there. It's not really a CD, rather a mixtape and it uses a lot of famous beats like DR dre, Missy Elliot, Mobb Deep, Jay Z. It's quite smart really, because many people like to listen to music with good beats, especially ones they have heard. I really like the song "O-ish" because it's really personal describing where they are from.

I bought this Dr Dre DVD the other day too from Virgin Megastore for $9.95. Its meant to be the unauthorized biography of Dre. I popped it into the DVD player and turned out to be quite different to my expectation of a DR Dre biography. Firstly it has this female english chick in her 40's doing the commentary ala David Attenborough (the nature dude) style. eg. here we have a young Dr Dre in his natural habitat "the hood". I would say it's more in the style of a doco with comments from a white dude rap historian, Steve Yano (the original seller of the mixtape), CEO of some crappy record company and so on. I'm not sure how authoratative some of these guys are.

Eg that CEO dude goes " the Chronic changed the whole WEst Coast Sound. It changed the whole rap game to another level. From East to west. It changed the whole industry. It changed the whole world. It changed the whole universe". Hmmmmmm. Some how I wouldn't compare The Chronic to Einsten's theory of relativity or the invention of sliced bread.

Study habits
I also come to the realisation that I am screwed for my study for the next month or so. Got final exams coming up and the dreaded "litigation practice file" worth 30% of my assessment. Gotta get my act together and just hammer this assignment. On a good note, I got my property transcations assignment back, and I acheived a grade of 28/30. Not bad, second highest in the class. WHO AM I KIDDING? IT'S KICK ASS!.

True to the game
Apparently the Harlem Globetrotters are coming to Sydney. If you don't know that much about them, they are like a troupe of basketball players that travel around the world playing to crowds. THey are more like entertainers, doing tricks. But not AND1 style, they don't keep it street. I considered buying a Meadowlark globetrotters jersey the other day, but I tried it on and realised it was XXXL. Somehow, that's a bit too big, even for me.

For the love of the game
Michael Clarke's the australian cricketer's 159 score the other day was brilliant. Not just because its an outstanding score, but more so because he was on test debut. What a champion. THere are only 11 players that have done this in australian history. i watched him when he was on 95 and it took him 15 minutes to get to 97. but then again, who wouldnt when your on the verge of a test debut century?

I am quoting a good source who told me that this guy sleeps with a cricket bat in his hands. He trains like crazy and coaches my friend's team, and he says he makes'em train so hard. This dude is so dedicated to his sport, because everything that i have read from people around him say that he was destined for greatness in cricket. THis guy quit school so he work for the cricket store and practice on his game more. What an inspiration for people like me that want to improve (except i don;t have his natural talent or intense desire).

Law Ball pub crawl
I am going to this UTS pub crawl, except the thing is I don't really drink that much. In fact, I don't really drink at all except when I am at work function where I have the odd beer or two. Hmm should be interesting.

I helped set up the website for the pubcrawl today, except where's my shoutout? :P

No comments: