Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Like a candle in the wind


Sometimes it takes a tragic event for you to realise how lucky you really are.

That we should give thanks and praise for every moment that we walk on this earth.

That we should live every day as our last. Nothing should be taken for granted.

We always hear these words of wisdom but usually we ignore them.

We think we're too young, that we've still got a whole life ahead of us.

Something bad did happen. And its kinda made me take stock of where I am in life, what I am here for.

Sadly, someone that I knew passed away last week.

It was hard on most people because it was so sudden. And the man wasn't that old. A sudden heart attack. And just like that, he was taken from the world.

When I found out, I was in a state of shock. For a few minutes I just couldn't think properly.

All I know is I owe this man.

And now he's gone.

There are times when I'm so driven. That I want to achieve so much. There are some days where I just work crazy hours. And then I think, what am I doing this for? Do I really want to create this work stress for myself?

Life is short. And what's really sad is that its taken an event like this to make me realise this. Better late than never I guess.

Peace.

Rest In Peace - No ID.

No comments: