Saturday, August 20, 2005

It's a hard knock life...

I had a really long day today. I'm talking investment banking hours long. Too much work, not enough play. Finished working today at 10pm, then hopped down to Bridge Bar at Circuluar Quay and then onward ho to Mars Lounge. And then back to work again tomorrow morning to do some study and finish off some work.

Is this worth it in the end? I think so. At the moment, you've just got to do everything to impress. When you first start out, you have no foundation to build upon. Just gotta put your head down, bum up, go hardcore at work and make the right contacts. To be successful I think you've got to be able to work hard, act smart, show that your more capable than the next person and get along very well with people. I think that social skills are highly underrated. You could be some absolute technical gun but in my business what differentiates the good advisers is the ability to communicate that knoweldge in a way that's easily understood to the client.

Word is bond.

DJ H to the Izzo.

1 comment:

Student154 said...

" just think... what if you could just... just blink yourself away..."