Saturday, January 07, 2006

Ticket Tech: A story behind each one

In my room, there this little "black box" which is like my time capsule, where I store important memories like these ticket stubs. And there's a story behind each one. Nothing beats live music - its raw, no second takes, and the atmosphere is just incredible.




J5 & Roots - one of the best value concerts I've been to. Two of the biggest live acts for $75! Still one of my favourites.


Buggn Tour: I wrote a review of this which explains it in greater detail. But yeah, 5 acts, 100% hip hop.


"LETS GET RETARDED!" - one of the most entertaining concert I've been to. Yes they sold out, but it was a very fun night (minus the 14 year old girls).

Til the end of the road: Bit disappointing. They were good when they dropped their classics and didn't boyz 2 men have 4 members?This was easily my worst concert experience. Busta Rhymes didn't even turn up. Fights broke out, people started throwing stuff onto stage, I walked to the station the pouring rain. Irony of it all? The next morning i woke up and put on 'Woohah" and listened to what might have been.
Finally, the AND1 mixtape ballers came to Australia. It was all hyped up, there were some mad dunks, but it wasn't quite the same as the videos........but then again it never is, innit? Kings all the way baby! This is from one of their championship games. It was cool when they won their first one, started to get boring when they won the third ring. BTW where did all the fans spring from? I've been down since '95!


My first Olympic games experience, and hopefully not my last! I saw the Dream Team, it was so exciting. Sydney 2000 was the place to be! Check the Rudy T (USA Coach) signature!

This was actually quite good. One of the first musicals I've been to - impressed!


My next concert.......Common. Can't wait.

I've also been to see De La Soul, Gangstarr twice and Guru once, Dizzie Rascal, The Roots (again!), John Legend, and will be seeing Blackstreet and New Edition soon. And there'll be many more reviews, NO DOUBT!

Peace Out,

DJ Ho.

7 comments:

Student154 said...

yeah that's sick man... Common is going to be sick.
"Memories on corners with the fo's and the mo's
Walk to the store for the rose, talking straightforward to hoes
Got uncles that smoke, and some put blow up they nose
To cope with the lows, the wind is cold and it blows"


how do u write sick verses like that man? HOW?

chrome said...

damn kid you've been around. nice!

happy new year dj

Inside Man said...

Yo that's ill man, you've been to some great shows. The Olympics? Dayum I bet that was a great experience, did you get to see the Vince Carter dunk on the 7 foot French guy (nutz!)?

I try saving my ticket stubs but they always turn up missing.

nayfon said...

have you seen Xzibit in concert? Easily one of my favourite concerts of all time...

Anonymous said...

J5 - i have to see them in my lifetime. In a word, I'm jealous. Actually to be completely anal, that's one and a half words.

Yes, J5 are awesome, if only they would tour with numark again.

DJ Ho said...

Bosco - Common's the man. Can't wait for his concert. I have no idea how he write those verses - his mind was work differently to other rappers.

Obi - Yes, I've seen a lot of hip hop concerts in the last couple of years and they're all worth it!

KG - those were the only ticket stubs i could find. No I didn't see that game but that was an awesome dunk over Federic Weis. Carter was throwing down 360's in the pre game warmups!

Nayfon - I had tickets to the first xzhibit concert but it got cancelled! You must have went to Tha Alcaholiks one. I'm cut i missed on on that, Jean Grae and Black Eyed Peas when they first came out.

Anna- j5 were great. Perfect diction, rhymes, 5000 people on the dance floor had their hands in the air. But they sound extremely repetitive. Everyone's anal to some degree.

nayfon said...

Tha Alkaholiks were awesome as well. I knew one song but it was one of the best atmospheres...
I've seen Xzibit twice and both times he rocked it hard.

Also seen J5 twice. Both times were off the hook!