Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Reflections and projections for 2K6

Dear Diary,

I just had a really great day yesterday. It's almost a year since I've started working and I feel like I'm really fitting in. My relationships with my managers are really good - in fact with one of them I feel like I'm v good friends with her, like I can be smart ass myself around her. It's funny how good things come to those who wait. Last week, I was allocated two clients - two! That means a lot to me, that someone out there trusts me, that I've proven myself to them to some degree. In my industry (professional services), that'll make or break you. That brings my total client list to 4!

I've just been reading
Di's blog and totally agree with the comments that she's made about her work experience. Working is a totally different experience to uni. And its crazy how time flies - I've almost been working a year now and I didn't realise how much I know. I said to myself that I wouldn't study again, but I've just completed two subjects in my Masters degree (1 Distinction, 1 credit! Represent!).

On a personal front, I hope that 2K6 brings a lot more joy and happiness in my life. It started off very well with the Gold Coast trip and just having with some mates. But its saddened by the sudden death of Zach and my brother's friend's friend, both committing suicide due to depression. I didn't really know either of them very well, but I just can't understand why people would do that. In other areas, Dawen and I have agreed to certain things (which remain even secretive to you!) stuff like being more committed to our relationship, buying random gifts for each other and so far the scam is working, I've got a country road shirt! Just kidding.

On a spiritual level, 12 months ago I didn't want to go to Church anymore. For some reason, I was just avoiding it. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for you are with me. And I've renewed my faith. It started well, since I found this Christian group at work that meets up every Monday and so we can share fellowship and just know other Christians (I work for a v large company you see!). Also, I'm going to Katoomba this weekend for KYC, the Katoomba Youth Convention for Christians. It's my first time, so I'm looking forward to it but not the two hour train ride.

I'm optimistic about the year 2k6. I'm planning to work another year at my company and then take some time off work and see the world. Two brothers and me are planning to go to Europe. Middle brother will finish uni end of the year, and Little Bro will have done one year of uni, so its perfect timing. Me and my brothers against the world! At this stage, I'm thinking about going to Europe for two months - one week in each country. My mum wants to come too, but it ain't happening! A couple weeks in South America is something I've always wanted to do as well.

And Diary, I'm going to New Zealand soon! I'm going to the South Island - flying into Christchurch and going to hire a car and drive around. Stops at Queenstown (where they filmed Lord of the Rings), Dunedin, Fiordland, Glaciers - can't wait. And I might check out North Canterbury as Mark pointed out that's where he and Scribe is from.

I hope you have a prosperous and good year too.

I'm out like the year 2K5,

DJ Ho.

1 comment:

nayfon said...

good to hear you're going to KYC. Definitely one of my favourite events in the calendar but alas I cannot go this year (other church commitments).
I'm sure you'll have a great time.