Saturday, January 14, 2006

The Food v The Exercise

Everybody gotta eat right? It's the food baby!
- Common on "The Food".

This week's been interesting. First week back at work, trying to get into the swing of things, get rid of old habits and gain new ones. I tried to analyse what sport I do and what I actually eat in order to meet............

New year's resolution: Get really fit.

KPI (key performance indicator): Will have abs + be under 80kgs + fit into my size 32 jeans.

Means: Go to gym and do sport regulary + eat healthy food.

Formula: More fruit in my diet - pizzas - alcohol - kebabs + pasta + bread - less fatty food x (gym twice a week + kickboxing once week + fortnightly swim) = lean mean fighting machine @ 80kgs.


Week 1 analysis: The Exercise v The Food

Sunday: Played basketball from 6.30 - 8.30pm @ Blakehurst v Eating Lamb pide from Adam's Kebabs for dinner ($6)

Monday: Woke up too sore to do anything v Eating Morrocan Lamb Pizza @ Australian hotel for lunch ($14) + bourbon & coke after work ($36 - bought everyone drinks, friggin coronas)

Tuesday: Again, bring the pain Method man style, too sore v sandwich lunch from home $0.

Wednesday: swam 10 x 25m laps + walked 6 laps @ local swimming pool at 6.30am v fruit salad ($4.50) and cereal breakfast @ home + lunch: salad + chicken/avocado crepe + mango lassi @ myer food court ($23, paid for dawen's lunch too).

Thursday: UTS Gym 30 mins + cancelled kickboxing lesson after work (frustrating) v lunch: Spicy Meatlovers pizza @ Metropolitan ($15) + breakfast: ham/cheese croissant, fruit salad and bannana ($7) + dinner: Katsu Curry + gyoza @ Jap place ($23).

Friday: UTS Gym 45 mins v Pizza @ Australian Hotel ($7) + meat platter @ Bavarian Bier Cafe $23 + chips + drinks including 500ml dunkel beer, vodka lemonda, boags ($25) at Bavarian & Opera Bar.

Saturday: Playing tennis against my boss (and hopefully kicking his ass) v brother's b'day dinner at random Chinese restaurant (free but msg).

Conclusion: Exercise is on track. Food is weighing me down (pun, get it?). It's hard to eat healthy when we go out for lunch at a specific place eg a hotel/pizza place as there aren't many healthy options. And food is expensive to eat out.

All up I think I've spent $200 on food and drink this week. That's friggin expensive. That includes snacks I've bought throughout the day like milkshakes, random food & drinks for other people (the real kicker).

Shoutouts: It was Alexs b'day on Friday, so happy b'day mate! Oh and Anvij, Mark, and Zankhna, must say it was great catching up with you all. Should do it again with more advanced notice (ALEXS!!!). And Aruni, keep ya head up girl! Good things will come to those that are patient.

So drink and eat merry, for tomorrow we exercise,

DJ Ho.

3 comments:

Inside Man said...

$200 dollars on food a week! Whew, brotha you need to hit up the grocery store man. The food is going to kill you financially before it does physically.

But yo I keep the gym routine pretty consistent. I go 5 days a week (Wed $ Sun off), and combine weightlifting, swimming, and running (we have an indoor track).

Playing sports and martial arts will sculpt your body pretty well because you use muscles you don't really train with. I'm a b-baller too and a football freak (<--played tackle today).

Anonymous said...

Thanks mate! See, I do this read this blog.

DJ Ho said...

KG - I actually took up your advice and hit up the grocery store last night! Spent $43 bucks on juice, breads, yogurt, spreads, cereal. Even bought some Gatorade powder! Hopefully that should cut down my food bills.

Mark - I believed you! I'm always curious about the silent readers - people that read my blog but never leave a comment. I know your're out there!

Must admit though, there are heaps of blogs that I read and never leave a comment.

FYI for anyone else out there - you can leave a comment without being a blogger. Just choose "other" or "anonymous" and leave a comment or two!