Sunday, March 13, 2005

CAN YOU SAY DYNASTY?


We be Rolan all over you: Rolan Roberts gives the rims a workout.

*Will the Sydney Kings three-peat? I predict a Kings victory in 5. Btw is anyone excited about the Kings potentially winning the next title and becoming a dynasty? The Kings should be the hottest ticket in town, yet no one really cares - perhaps a reflection of how popular Aussie basketball is as a spectator sport.

* Fashion Question: Is it cool to wear a backpack with a suit? Also, does anyone know how to do a tie properly (i.e. windsor knot style)? Additionally, I think its time to upgrade my leather shoes. I'm still rocking my hush puppies that I bought for the Year 12 formal - which was like 6 years ago.

*Million Dollar BABEE: Nice movie, excellent performance by Hillary Swank, Clint Eastwood plays a crusty old bugger. Love Morgan Freeman as an actor. Expected a boxing movie, got more than that with a twist halfway through the movie. Funny thing is I felt like watching it, found it on torrent reactor, downloaded it and watched it five hours later on my comp.

* Rookies taking it to the sophs: Also downloaded the rookie v sophomore 2005 game. Was so insane. Compared to other years, it was pretty competitive with the rooks winning the first half. The Sophs, led by team impact players - Lebron, Melo, and Bosh took it up a notch and killed the Rookies. Highlights - Josh Smith throwing down and attempting crazy alleyoops.

The Celtics have the future - players like Al Jefferson and Tony Allen, i was impressed with. I can't believe how confident the rookies were. Best pure shooter in da game? Kyle Korver who drilled 7 of 9 threes - he was on fiyyya. Loved it how the Baby Bulls represented - Ben Gordon what a pocket rocket, busting loose from his defender with his behind the back dribble and then unleashed a teardrop from the sky over Bosh. And Luol Deng - the future franchise player.


Stay in Skool

After bumping into Catherine in the city who has just started PLT (practical legal training) I came to the following conclusions.

What i will miss from uni:
- Mayank stealing muffins and orange juice from the Saturday morning classes
- Waking up every day at 7am, going to my 9am classes, sleeping at 2pm, then studying til 2am in the morning.
- Spending all of my days in those computer lab rooms in the law faculty.
- meeting up every saturday with my powerhouse study group - Kyle, Mayank and yours truly. We must have been pound for pound (or correctly brain for brain) the best group out there last semester.
- Mayank telling the class that "Alan Jones is the voice of the people" and then getting absolutely hammered by the class.
- playing basketball after class against FOBS.

What i won't miss from uni:
- exams and assessments
- Azize being highly unco-operative on the discussion board

I think most of all the biggest thing I will miss is the people that I used to see everyday. Everyone that did PLT got pretty close cause it was the same 60 people that was in all your classes. I still see them around the city, but it ain't the same - everyone's working, in a rush to go somewhere. My last semester was like my hardest working but also my most enjoyable times at uni.

PLT Class of Spring 2004: I MISS ALL Y'ALL!.


a dj ho production

4 comments:

nayfon said...

Kings in 3!

back pack and suit don't go. Get a shoulder bag. A Country Road one goes well...

DJ Ho said...

yeah i think the kings will win in 3. in fact, i'm going to saturday's game - kings all the way. maybe we should start repping "sandman jerseys" too like some crazed kings fans.

chrome said...

dj rock your knapsack dude. the question is what have you go in it? extra needle for the turntables? pump for the basketball? lol

Eastwood and Morgan will go on forever at the rate they pump out movies.

What I've missed from uni is the cheap beer at the Students Union Bar

1

Goose Remix said...

The backpack with suit look is pretty horrible. Backpacks are good for the body, but it just does not go with a suit at all.

I wouldn't do it unless I had a bad back. Actually...