Monday, March 28, 2005

Any Given Sunday

You would think that this long weekend being the first real break that I have gotten in a while, I'd be all excited and active. A break from the monotony of Monday-Friday, 9-5. Four days of pure unadultered bliss. No work. More sleep.

However, I don't think that I've accomplished that much this long weekend. But that's ok. Mind and body sometimes needs to chill out. Relax from the daily grind. Been watching a lotta dvd's, staying glued to my comp over a phoenix v seattle game i downloaded, going to Dawen's house, having fun at a bbq @ Cabrita.

But personally, I don't feel that I really appreciated what this weekend was about. Being a Christian this was the most important weekend in the Christian calendar. Jesus, the son of God, the bringer of hope, died on Good Friday. God sacrificied his only child, so that we could have eternal life. For the wages of sin, the blood of Christ was shed. And then on Sunday, he rose again from the dead. This weekend was meant to commerate and all that. But I wasn't feelin' that. Perhaps it was due to a lack of a local church service on Friday to attend and then followed by going to Chinese service where I didn't even understand the language (hate that).

In my heart, I feel kinda empty that I didn't really get to participate in a Church service commerating the life, death and resurrection of God's son. Or maybe its because its a ritual that I feel I missed out on. Lately though, I feel that my faith has been wavering. Its like a given that I'm praying at every meal, that I turn to God in times of trouble, that I go to my local Church every Sunday. And where's my contribution to the Gospel? Have I assisted in spreading the word of God? My efforts? Zilch. Nada. Nothing. I can't even get motivated to go to service myself. It's like I kinda lost that fire, that passion since I came back.

But this weekend? It's gone by like a flash - sleepin', bbq's, Dawen, ballin, and mo' sleepin.

And that's the problem. This Sunday felt like Any Given Sunday. But it shouldn't have.

Peace Out,

DJ HO.

1 comment:

nayfon said...

ahem...maybe you need to find a different church. You're most welcome at mine. :)