Friday, January 05, 2007

Stat is back


It's good to see that Amare is back. He's one of my favourite players and I was really worried when he went down with the first knee injury and then the second one. The problem was that his game is based on athleticism and explosion. He just jumps over people (straight out the building). I was concerned that he'd turned into a Penny Hardaway/Chris Webber or a McDyess because of his knees. Not many players regain their status as an elite player when they are cut down like that in their prime. Most of them come back as a former shadow of themselves.

Stat is just awesome to watch. I had this conversation with Chuck and we were like back in the day like 2 seasons ago he was just an unstoppable force. He was ripping Tim Duncan in half in the playoffs (Tim you know it!). Putting up numbers like 30 points and 20 rebounds on the regular.

Taking it to the Kandi Shop


The criticism that many people have of Stat is he doesn't have the footwork of the great postmen like Hakeem, Malone or Tim Duncan. That's because Amare never went to college and came straight from high school. Never got that technical training. He came in really raw. I'm sure he'll develop it and he has to now because he wont have the same explosivness he used to get by other people. Guys like Hakeem and Malone beat you with the superior footwork and smarts. Could hit that jumper, take you inside and outside, gave you different looks. Amare's gotta learn that especially when his body starts declining. You can't always dunk on everybody. Even Shaq Daddy is finding that out.

And Amare you gotta pass more dude! Your averaging half an assist per game! What's up with that. Don't be the next Yinka Dare cause that ain't pretty.

Sidenote

I was invited to join NBA Bloggers and "the dj ho diaries" is now listed on their blogroll. NBA-Bloggers is an source for blogs about basketball, sorta like an index. I don't write all the time about basketball just occassionally when I'm in the mood but you can find every post I have written on there.

Maybe soon you'll find me on nba.com or slamonline.com!

I'm out like the Stat attack,

DJ Ho.

No comments: