Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Bras and things

bras and things

So the long weekend has come and gone. Ah, the joy of an extra day off! How did I spend my weekend?

Thursday night I went to Bar 333 for a work function for some free drinks (love it!). Then headed to Skygarden for Mayank's farewell drinks, then back to Bar 333. I actually ended up going to Bar 333 a total of 3 times during the long weekend, and that place ain't even that great.

Next day was Australia day, and I chilled out at Maroubra Beach with Nuggets and Ian. The weather was really nice but the water was freezing. Headed to a family BBQ at Garrison point which is in my hood!

The Mayank has left the building

For those that don't know, there is one less desperate and horny male from our country. Mayank "Don't call me Tom Cruise" has left our shores. No more Denzel Washington sightings it seems. He's off to the land of bad cricket teams, rowdy soccer fans and the home of corgies. Yes, he gone to the UK. We had a farewell on Saturday night at Chintia Ria, a Malaysian restaurant @ Cockle Bay Wharf. The food was amazing. I kept eating til the dishes stopped coming. Awesome curries, chicken roti, duck, noodles and even the tofu ria wasn't too bad. Highly recommend it. The food is meant to be hawker style - the stuff you buy in the streets of Malaysia/in the markets. Bit pricey but definently worth it.

Later that night we went to Bungalow 8. We were a bit worried given that we were rolling with like 15 guys and 2 girls, and Ben Zhang brought his Chinese novel with him. Usually bouncers at King Street wharf are fooked (given my issues with them last time), but we all got in. Great atmosphere at Bungalow 8, nice crowd and we managed to get a table eventually. Saw some girls from work, started talking to them and met their friends who might be able to help me with something. I actually managed to get a stack of business cards on Thursday and Saturday night, and followed up with emails on Monday morning.

Sorry i couldn't make it to hugo's lounge on saturday night! I know you don't read my blog, but I couldn't make both parties!

So Clean So Fresh

Then Sunday, we headed to Freshie (freshwater beach). it's actually quite a long drive from my house - hour or so. You know what, I could live in Manly cause there's just so many nice beaches so close by. Curl Curl and Manly beach just down the road. Too bad their football team sucks. Weather was hot as and again, the water was colder than Mayank's rejections. After the beach, we chilled at cafe nearby. it was good to be out and about.

I must say it was one of the best weekends I've had in a while. And, I learnt the meaning of "cutting sick". Thank you Ian for providing a demonstration for us on teaching someone how to ride the boogie board (ahaha).

Trouble Trouble

My girlfriend has discovered my blog! I mentioned that i had a blog and she googled it and found it. Ahhhhhhh, 3 years worth of posts are on here. Personal stuff, reflective, stupid and a bunch of "what was I thinking when I wrote this" type posts. I can't really hide in cyberspace can I. She actually didn't tell me for a while and was dropping hints here and there, referencing certain things that I had written.

Basketball Fundamentals

Last night I suited up for Nate's mixed basketball team. Again I was consistent with my 4-6 point average! As requested by Nate, here are the Jordan fundamental videos.

How to play D like MJ



There are some interesting tips here especially with using one hand to flip the ball up as opposed to reaching in from the top to steal the ball.

How to fadeway like DJ Ho




This one's for Nate or you can just watch me fadeaway :P

How to pass to the post



For everyone on the Flavo's team (except Tim) that never gives the ball to Tim in the post. He's always complaining that no one passes the ball to him down low :)


I'm out Mayank from Australia,

DJ Ho.

No comments: