Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Hibachi San

Sad day at work this week. Two of my best friends at work handed in their resignations during the week. It was disappointing to see them go but I'm happy for them cause they are moving on to new opportunities. I can only wish them the best of luck. I kinda knew they were going but it wasn't until they told me that it really hit me that they were leaving. One of the most disappointing days in the history of my company.

On the lighter side..........

Hibachi



From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The hibachi (Japanese: 火鉢, literally "fire bowl") is a traditional Japanese heating device. It consists of a round, cylindrical or a box-shaped open-topped container, made from or lined with a heatproof material and designed to hold burning charcoal.

In North America, the term "hibachi" is used to refer to a small cooking stove heated by charcoal (actually called shichirin in Japanese), or to an iron hot plate (teppan) used in Teppanyaki restaurants.

During the 2006 National Basketball Association season, Washington Wizards point guard Gilbert Arenas began to shout the word as he took field goal attempts in games, explaining, "You know, a hibachi grill gets real hot. That's what my shot's like, so I've been calling it that: 'Welcome to the hibachi'."[1]



He has also stated that while he is scoring on opponents, he is "cooking chicken and shrimp" in reference to his "Hibachi grill," and that if his opponent wanted to double team him, he would "cook filet mignon" as well. "The Hibachi" has quickly become Arenas' nickname.

There was even a banner made for him "Arenas 'hibachied' Kobe". As Kobe is the place where the world famous Kobe steak orginated. This was referring to the game when Arenas outscored Kobe Bryant 60 to 45.The term "Hibachi" is now catching on to describe players who are "hot".


If you don't believe the above, check this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibachi.

I'm out like Hibachi,

DJ Ho.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice, I thought you were gonna talk about food the whole article, then i saw Gilbert's name, and thought, very nice.

Keep up the good work.

Aadesh

DJ Ho said...

We should play one on one again. Then I can show you what hibachi means :P

Also, we creamed your work basketball team yesterday! We were on fire, hibachi style.