Saturday, July 29, 2006

The Weekend Comes

Not feeling so great after a semi-big night out. Though feel good in the sense that I hadn't seen a lot of the guys in a while and was cool to just chill out, drink, boogie on the dance floor. Given that we are all working now and me being busy with working & studying, and also being lazy, I actually hadn't gone out with them in a while.

So we hit up Belgium Bier Cafe for some mussels and Hoegardens (and no, they don't come from my garden). The Tintin Au Congo mussels were awesome with a nice coconuty flavour. For me, cause I hadn't seen anyone in a while, just being in the presence of friends and chilling out was the place to be. Catching up on Rahul's unorthodox crosstraining, Bosco's aspirations to be a scholar, and hassling Fat Chris's denial of a girlfriend (we know, playa!).

Then it was off to the Retro @ Bristol Arms! This club is dodgy. It's reputation easily preceeds itself. Plays 80's music and is populated by 40-60 year olds. I was actually quite suprised by the number of young people in da club downstairs. Getting there around 8pm, it was actually starting to fill up.

I reckon that most of the young people go there just to take the piss out of it. By this time we were doing tequila shots, bourbon & cokes, coronas, tooheys new, cowboys, anything we could get out hands on. Let's just say that some of us were a bit tipsy and just started tackling each other on the street. At one stage I had Jerm in a bearhug while Ed gave him the infamous nipple gripple, and then I think I gave Ed a few swift kicks to the mid section.

It was around 10pm when we went to an Asian dance party @ Skygardens. We got in as Ed had the hookup, and bumped into a heaps of ex-uni, highschool, and church people. The place was dead though it slowly picked up whilst we had more tooheys extra dry and a couple of bourbon & cokes. Caught up with a friend of mine and I dont know, I can't put my finger on it but she's changed. Maybe it was the smoking, the swearing, the tone, who knows. We caught up for a minute & promised that we'd meetup again.

Whole night was fun even though some us didn't make it through the night :P

Last weekend
Last weekend was alright too. It was a farewell for a colleague of mine, and yeah same story. Drinking and clubbing. It was funny in the sense that the girls we were with, kept getting picked up on the dancefloor. Bumped into Caz and met some of her friends. Got home at 3am, seems like a regular thing on the weekend these days. The next day I went to Cruise bar for a 21st birthday, man I feel so old these days.

That's all I have to say for today.

I'm out like the weekend,

DJ Ho.

No comments: