Saturday, July 01, 2006

Attack of the Random Asian Female and more.......

It's Saturday night 11pm, and I've been home all night watching a combination of Grease Lightning and CSI. Yes folks, that is sad. That is what my Saturday nights have come down to.

It's all good though, since I just came back from playing basketball @ Central. I had to go into work to get something, and thought I'd wander by the basketball courts near Central Station. I came across Basketball Mecca. It was totally packed out, halfcourt games going on over two courts. I bumped into Calvin and we played about 5 straight games of 4 on 4. After running around like mad for two hours, I was too tired to go to a girl's b'day drinks because........

I had enough to drink on Friday night. Starting off at Cargo bar for some chick's b'day drinks. I actually haven't been to Cargo bar on a Friday night but it's a happening place and has an awesome view of the harbour. Pretty packed on level 2 as well, and one of the bar tenders was quite hot (i was tipped off by another colleague).

Cargo's also has a balcony area and I was sitting outside on the couches minding my own business talking to a female colleague about relationships, our weekend plans, etc.... when random Asian female walks through a crowd and in a husky voice says "Can I sit here?". So my colleague and I eyeball each other and I'm like "Sure, take it". (NB: husky voice could be attributable to the cancer stick she was smoking).

I'm in a dilemna (albiet a nice one). What's a single male blogger to do? I continue talking to my colleague because well I don't want to ignore her and give said female the cold shoulder. After a couple of minutes and two more puffs of her cancer stick she goes away. Great move DJ! You ignored her! Brilliant! We both laugh, childish behaviour really. I'm thinking maybe I should have said "So how you doin'?. However, I figure that only works if your Joey from Friends.

Later on, I'm talking to my two friends and another random Asian chick walks over and says "DJ HO ! How's it going?". She actually said my real name in full so I'm racking my brain like crazy. I'm thinking "Who is this chick?". She continues "Don't you remember me, I'm from your primary school?". The CPU in my head computes her identification recognition at an alarming rate. Asian? Female? Friend? Primary School? Cute? Long hair? "Oh, your W* from my primary school, that's right!". Internal thought: I probably shouldn't have teased you back at primary school and you definently looked a lot different back then!

After that, we all went to 3 Weeds, which is a pub in Rozelle. It's a local pub, tucked away from the main roads and the hustle and bustle of the city. Still, the locals were out in full force. It's quite a big establishment with a proper dining area. At about 10.50pm we left the place and went to Town Hall. My friend and I literally ran from KFC on Bathurst street to Town Hall station, and then at Central station we ran up several flights of stairs to get one of the last trains home. The things people do.

What a Friday night!

I'm out like randoms at Cargo Bar ,

DJ Ho.

* Real name not used to protect indentity.

No comments: