Sunday, July 16, 2006

To all the killers and a hundred dollar billas......

"Son, they shook...'cause ain't no such things as halfway crooks/
scared to death, scared to look they shook/
'cause ain't no such things as halfway crooks/
scared to death, scared to look...."

- Mobb Deep on "Shook Ones 2"

I must admit I'm not a huge fan of Mobb Deep, but they are coming to Sydney, Australia next month and I'll probably go. It's $60 @ The Metro Theatre, August 3rd. If you want to come, holla back player.

I love their big hits like Shook Ones, Shook Ones 2, and Quiet Storm. Those songs are just mad, not sure about their other stuff. But then again, most concerts that I go to I'm not always familiar with their whole catalogue of music.

GZA Concert Photos
Here are some photos from the GZA concert that I promised y'all a while ago.

A blue smoky haze: Pre concert entertainment at 11pm or so


The man of the hour arrives: GZA aka The Genius. All the Wu members have their own style, but arguably GZA is one of their best lyricists.

GZA signing autographs. If you look to the left of the screen, there is someone holding a baggie of weed. Dude, are you sure you want that signed?

GZA doing the power handshake

Killah Priest, an affiliated member of the Wu Tang Clan wearing an ODB dedication t-shirt.

Killah Priest telling everyone to raise their hands in the air. Just in front of him, is the Australian rapper Figg Kidd - one with the shaved brown head. I see that guy at nearly every concert i go to, with his backup singers/Bankstown Basketball team.

Thanks for Nathan for the photos and the heads up on Mobb Deep.

I got you stuck off the realness/

we be the infamous you heard of us/

official Queensbridge murderers/

the Mobb comes equipped with warfare beware/

of my crime family who got nuff shots to share/

I'm out like the shook ones,

DJ Ho

1 comment:

chrome said...

heh heh! nice pictures of the man like GZA. best wu lyricist period (ghost is soulful)

saw the mobb a few years ago and trust the crowd was rapping along to "shook ones 2". bad boy tune

1