Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Random points

I respect the right of a nation to govern itself - if a citizen commits a crime on foreign soil, then that foreign country should punish that person based on its laws. I agree with that principle but I can't agree with a law that prosecutes people simply for having possession of a drug. Strict liability creates too many problems.

And I guess when I look at the Schappelle Corby decision I look at it through the eyes of an Australian and think that's not how we would treat someone according to our laws. Under the Indonesian system, they may think it is fair and just to prosecute someone based on those laws.

On another note, this idea of "cheque book justice" in the Indonesian legal system is pretty dodgy. I've read that you can reduce your sentence simply by paying a bribe to the relevant official and have a couple of years knocked off to make your sentence more manageable. This creates problems because its like can you afford justice.

Passing the baton??

I've seen on two different blogs (Hoi's and Bucky's) talking about passing the Mp3 baton. Here's a list of my favourite albums and songs. Gotta say though, love downloading music. Right now, I've got the Kanye West album "College dropout", John Legend, new Common album, Nas (Stillmatic, Street's Disciple) as well as Jay-Z black album in heavy rotation at the moment.

DJ Ho's all time fav albums

1. Big Pun - Capital Punishment
2. Jay-Z - Reasonable Doubt
3. Michael Jackson - HIStory
4. Biggie - Ready to die
5. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggy style

Honourable mention: Dr Dre - The Chronic, Notorious- Life after Death, 2pac - All Eyez on me, 2pac - Makaveli, Gangstarr - Moment of Truth, Nas - Illmatic, that Outkast double LP - love below/?,

DJ Ho's fav songs
1. Regulate - Warren G
2. Triumph - Wu Tang
3. Guess who's back - Rakim
4. Encore/Numb - Jay-z v Linkin Park
5. Above the Clouds - Gangstarr feat Inspectah Deck

Honourable mention: Eric B is President - Eric B and Rakim, KRS-1 - Mc's Act like they don't know.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I gotta agree with your selections. While I wouldnt necessarly come up with the exact same list, pretty much everytyhing you put down is top quality for me. Probably partially cos we came up together listening to and talking about this same stuff in high school. I should come up with a ranked list of the top 20 DJ Premier produced tracks. That would be a mad list.

Student154 said...

Pass the what? Pass the Baton.... Pass the what? Pass the Baton...

DJ Ho said...

What are you talking about

Anonymous said...

That just bosco being bosco. It doesnt make sense, its just him. Kinda like ashby, but in a different way.
He is referncing a Roots song, but why he would feel compelled to leave that as "feedback" is another question only he can answer.

Goose Remix said...

What a fucking Bosco haha I can imagine him, sitting at his computer, fully laughing his nuts off after posting that comment, haha doing that laugh he does after he says something that he finds funny and that no one else understood.

Keep it up Bosco - we need you to start coming to KGV to talk smack man :D