Thursday, May 19, 2005

RIP Adebisi

Red jumpsuit with two braids in my hair
Niggaz stare as I enter the center
They send me to a level 3 yard, that's where I stay
Late night I hear toothbrushes scrapin on the floor
Niggaz gettin they shanks, just in case the war, pops off
Cuz you can't tell what's next
My little homey Baby Boo took a pencil in his neck
And he probably won't make it, to see twenty-two
I put that on my momma, I'ma ride for you Baby Boo

- Murda Was The Case by Snoop
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love waking up on a Monday morning. Although it's the start of a another work week there is one thing to look forward to: coming back home and waiting til 10pm for a little known tv show on SBS called OZ, which is a prison drama. To sum it up, OZ is the greatest show ever, ranking up there with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Seinfeld, The Simpsons and Astro Boy. So you know its quality.

But back to the main issue at hand, how the freak did Adebisi die? It was such a shock that Kareem Said, of all people took him out. Sh*t is crazy in OZ atm. Governor Devilin got shot, the undercover cop dude turned himself in and got taken out of Em City and McManus took back control. But Simon Adebisi? He was the king and has been there since Day 1. The biggest, baddest mutha got taken out by the calm, religious, slighty crazy, philosophical Black Muslim Imman (Priest).

And that's what I love about OZ. Its unpredictable and anything goes. The fact that the main characters can actually die and die very suddenly and the unpredictable twists make it the number one show to watch each week.

RIP SIMON ADEBISI.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did anyone catch SBS Insight last Monday? I was on there briefly giving an opinion about recreational drugs. Some chick interviewed me whilst hanging out at Bar Broadway (opposite UTS). In case you missed the second time I was on TV in a week, I basically defined what recreational drugs and hardcore drugs were, that they were relatively easily obtainable and pointed out that Mayank was my drug dealer. The interviewer didn't seem too impressed with my humour, but honestly I couldn't elaborate that much with a camera in my face under the spotlight.

Peace Out,

DJ HO.

No comments: