Sunday, May 08, 2005

happy mothers day to all the mothers out there

"And I could see you comin home after work late
You're in the kitchen tryin to fix us a hot plate
Ya just workin with the scraps you was given
And mama made miracles every Thanksgivin
But now the road got rough, you're alone
You're tryin to raise two bad kids on your own
And there's no way I can pay you back
But my plan is to show you that I understand
You are appreciated"

----- Dear Mama by Tupac

There's a part of me that thinks sheesh "mother's day" is nothing but another day of celebration created by marketers, much in the vein of "valentines day", "father's day", easter eggs, etc, etc. But it always good to show love for your mum so happy mothers day to all the mums out there. Mother's day is a day to show appreciation and love but there was a disagreement with my mum today and yes, being the stubborn son that I am, I had to stick to my opinion and I prolly slightly ruined the day.

Its not easy to quantify how much my mum has done for me from raising me up, feeding me, driving me to places, forcing me to learn chinese, piano, tennis when I was young, taking care of me when times were tough, the lessons that she imparted on me, and making me the man that I am today. Ma, I love you and sorry for all the grief that i've caused you over the years.

"Over the years we was poorer than the other little kids
And even though we had different daddy's, the same drama
When things went wrong we'd blame mama
I reminice on the stress I caused, it was hell
Huggin on my mama from a jail cell
And who'd think in elementary?"

I always loved listening to this song Dear Mama, and although I never went through the stuff that Pac did, I feel where he's coming from and the tight relationship he had with his moms. If we all could play a song for our moms it should be "Dear Mama" or that BoyzIIMen Song "Mama".
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Graduating tomorrow! Should be cool, although I'm not really hyped up about it or nothing. I'll post up pictures so ya'll can see DJ HO - the professor in his 15 mins of fame. To Team DJ Ho - mum, dad, grandma, Dawen, my brother William, thanks for coming.

Peace Out,

DJ HO.

No comments: