Thursday, April 07, 2005

You just been WAMmed

Check this. Opened this letter and just screamed. It wasn't a chain letter. It wasn't a death of long distant relative. Nor was it my latest mobile phone bill. I got a letter from uni telling me what i knew was coming - that i had just, and i mean just missed out on first class honours for law. Excuse my language but what a biatch. I had accumlated a WAM - weighted average mark (basically an average) of 74.45. All I needed was 75 to get first class honours. NOOOOO!!!!. If i only had 0.55 more.

On the flipside though, I can still say I got honours so its all good. Maybe its the N.E.R.D. in me that's slightly annoyed. Anyways, I don't think I can look at my learning experiences at uni as reduced down to a single mark. Still I worked my ass off to even get this far and I wouldn't have done honours much less got through honours without the help of Aadesh.

Just want to leave with DJ HO's quote of the day:

" What shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"

Mark 8: 36-37.

All I can say is, so true so true. You got to put life into perspective. Focus on what's important in life. And to all you young guns out there, don't get caught up in the corporate life, dog eat dog world.

Peace Out,

DJ HO.

No comments: