Saturday, December 02, 2006

Two Five

Why do we celebrate birthdays?

On one hand we celebrate because we've been on this earth for another year. The fact that we've lived for another 365 days.

However, on the other hand, should we be mourning the fact we are one year closer to death? The older we become, the more inevitable that we will meet the end of the line.

I choose the glass half full option. I look at it in a positive light. Originally, I wasn't planning to do anything for my birthday but screw it, I'm going all out - the only one I know how - going to the Pumphouse nightclub in the city! I'll be celebrating with another person who shares the exact same birthdate.

It's a nice club too. Two levels, central location, AND it plays the right kind of music - hip hop and RNB (mandatory). You know how we do.

But wait, there's more! I'll be 25. What a crazy age to be. A quarter century.

I don't even feel 25. In fact I don't even feel 24, 21, or 18. I feel ageless. Like I've never grown up since 18. Once your past that age, man it kinda gets mixed up.

The last 7 years have been a blur. I spent 5 of those years at uni. 2 of them working full time. Like Biggie said "I've been around the world". Well not quite. I've seen China, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Japan and Bankstown.

Caught up with old high school friends last night for drinks @ Privilege. Funny how things done changed. But funny how some things don't change. Big Bird's still 6'6 and stands out amongst a crowd of asians. Fozz is still trying to beat the odds. Nugget's still working the females (there's your shoutout punk!). Gargy's still got a huge nose and trying to bet $5 on everything. As E-40 would say, it's all gravy.We all on top of our game, moving on up in the world. Talking about working, making $$$, girls, music and life.

Maybe being 25 ain't so bad after all. As long as I've got my friends, my health, I'm achieving things with my career, play ball, go to concerts. That's all I want. And that's all I need.

I'm out like 24,

DJ Ho.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

eeee-onnnk, eee-onnnk