Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Thy Kingdom Come, Thy Will Be Done - Music Update


I'm trying to get myself a copy of the new Jigga LP "Kingdom Come". It's produced by Kanye, Dr Dre and Just Blaze. Can't wait! I've heard the track that's been leaked onto the radio stations a few months ago, and it was hot. Check out a preview here.

Good news, Lupe Fiasco (pictured above)- the dude on Kanye's "Touch The Sky" track - is coming to Sydney. He's playing at the Metro on 23rd January and also at Big Day Out. Kick, Push fool! I've also been checking out his myspace page. Doesn't have much other than a couple of tracks from his LP "Food & Liquor". i gotta cop that album too.

In other rnb news, John Legend is back! He just dropped his second opus - "Once Again". Just started listening to it, it's not too bad. I loved Legend;s first album and I was at his first concert in Sydney, when he wasn't that big in Australia. Apparently this album has less piano (which is his trademark!) and more guitar riffs and heavier bass lines. I'll let y'all know how it is.

I really want to go to Good Vibrations this year. The headline act is Beastie Boyz, Jurrasic 5, Rahzel, and a bunch of House, Breakbeat acts. I've always heard positive things about Good Vibes, and this year should be no different. And have to see Saul Williams when he comes out and does the Sydney Festival again. I missed him last year. He's one of the best spoken word artists and the track "Black Stacey" is off the hook.

And to round it off, here are my local peeps doing their thang. My man 2B# is climbing the charts on 96.1FM and onlyKC has got a demo tape doing the rounds. Good luck to you guys! Last but not least, I've caught up with old school friend of mine, Daniel Karunaharan (now Daniel Chelliah) who's launched a website called UrbanRebirth. It's about Christian urban artists - rappers, RNB singers, etc.. Cool concept, though I have yet to hear any of these artists. They appear to be mainly U.S. based because the genre is huge over there.

I'm out like new albums before Christmas,
DJ Ho.

No comments: