Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Sons of the Shire v Lions of Lebanon

I'm a son of the shire
Sticking up for what I believe in
Gathered in our thousands, this ain't no choir
Defending ourselves not committing any sin
They've invaded our beaches
They're loud and they're proud
I'll show them Aussie pride if they dare to reach us
Hey wait...how dare one come towards us
So I grab my bottle and clench my fist tighter
I reach him first and unwind like I'm a fighter
Feel this, and feel that
It's all my aggression
Feel this and feel that
Your body be stretchin
After this one sided boxing session
Feel this and feel that
For 9/11
Feel this and feel that
For those gang rapes
Take this and take that
For beating that lifeguard into another shape
It set it off but this ain't what its about
It's protecting our white culture from you louts

I'm a Lion of Lebanon
Yeah I'm loud and I'm proud
Feel this and Feel that for your aggression?
Well feel this fist for my oppression
Planned 9/11?
You ain't seen nothing
Like random acts of violence
No longer stand by and be silent
Gather my boys and show you true force
Rocks, iron bars, molotov and baseball bat
Break all your car windows and show you who's the boss
With little remorse
Hit us and we'll hit back harder
We'll make you jump higher than Vince Carter
Won't let me come to your beach?
Better pray to Allah that you can't be reached
When you come runnin'
I'm gonna be gunnin'
One sided boxing session?
Ha! Come to our town and your police force be stretchin
You know what also brings the anger in what you see
The media which marginalises me
And makes us violent like Bruce Lee

I'm DJ Ho, and this war has to stop
We can't progress with this fighting
As it brings too many blood drops
Living in a multicultural society its going to bring stress
With different values and cultures
Some say we're a cesspool, a mixed up mess
I see it differently
Its about diversity and living together, no more no less
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My first poem since Year 9. Inspired by Bosco.

Peace out,

DJ Ho.

2 comments:

Student154 said...

"Hit us and we'll hit back harder
We'll make you jump higher than Vince Carter" - Nice!


I'm glad I've inspired you to write a few lines
Outta 10 phat stars I'll give you a nine
Now keep going, keep hammering out these rhymes
Lyrically, you'll be talib kweli in no time

DJ Ho said...

i stole that line from Jin, hahaa in some freestyles session in Toronto. can't claim credit to that.