Thursday, December 08, 2005

I'm excited! COMMON IS COMING!!! oh and my bday too

First off, my actual birthday is on the 14th of December but I'm organising something for Saturday 17th of December. Keep that date free! The place where I want to go is Red Room at Hotel Chambers. It plays old skool rnb (mid 90's mostly), all the stuff that I grew up with like Groove Theory, R Kelly, Monica, Boyz 2 Men, etc. I figure if I go to a place like Martin Place Bar, its going to isolate a lot of my non-asian friends. Plus the crowd at Red Room is funky and diverse.



And secondly, Common (aka Common Sense), the best hip hop artist out there at the moment is coming to Sydney! Hold it down! He's playing at the Metro on Wednesday, 25 January 2006. Its $50 and tickets are on sale this friday. Common is the best! Although I've downloaded this concert he did in Switzerland, it wasn't that great but it mostly to promote some kind of beatnik festival and the crowd was mostly wack media types. how could you not feel Common?!

Just in case your wondering, (and I know you are) here's my list of what I would give my left arm for a birthday present:

1. Common concert ticket (see above!)
2. Ben Gordon (Red) or a Dwight Howard (Blue) jersey.
3.Cancellation of world debt for the poorest 52 countries
4. For you to be at the Red Room this Saturday

Common! Common is coming! I used to love her! Just Be! Testify! Like water for chocolate! One day it'll all make sense! I reckon if I could go to one concert next year, I'd go to Common.

Why am I so excited at 4am in the morning?

Cause if you ask me where hip hop is going, it's Chicago-ing,

DJ HO.

2 comments:

Student154 said...

Done! No Doubt...

Anonymous said...

you forgot to ask for some Kenneth Cole ties for your bday