Saturday, November 12, 2005

I can't sleep baby - blogging!

It's 4am in the morning and I've pretty tired but still up and about on the internet, reading other people's blogs, watching video's on uselessjunk, and of course watching highlights on NBA TV.

I make it a habit to voyeur into other people's lives by reading their blogs. I don't know what it is that makes it interesting to me - perhaps its being able to read their raw emotions, unedited opinons, being able to relate to what they do.

I once describe the blogging experience to someone at work and compared it to the Great Wall of China. Having a blog is like having your own little poster on the Great Wall. People are free to stop and read or just ignore it. Maybe that's why I like blogging - the freedom to write whatever I want to the world and the liberty to read whatever I want.

After you read blogs for a while, you'll start to notice this kind of sub culture of writers (bloggers) - people that leave comments or links to other blogs. I go through a kinda routine making sure I read my favourite blogs.

My favourtie ones are: (in no particular order)

- Humanity Critic: Winner of 4 Black Weblog awards. The funniest blog I've come across as well as the most insightful one. Respect.

- Obi: I came across this one whilst searching for a hiphop blog. Love it because he keeps it real - sharing thoughts from London. Plus music downloads are awesome.

- Ivan: I've never come across a blog so full of anger, intensity and criticism. He'll pick a topic that pisses him off and just destroy it.

- Bosco: The metro who writes poems and about music. It was I that mentioned to Bosco to start blogging again!

- Emily: Poledancing, pilates, food loving chic. I like reading this one because she has a simple writing style & enjoys life. Met her b4 @ Bethany formal (loooong time ago).

- Tash: Ivan mark 2. This girl just keeps it raw, and when frustrated you'll feel it.

- Hoi: Loved reading your blog but hasn't been the same as you've been busy. Your blog was the inspiration to start my own. Wished you'd write longer, engaging pieces.

And there you have it folks. The blogs on my must read list. As I said b4, feel free to peek a look into their lives, leave a comment or just walk past.

That's the beauty of blogging. Enjoy.

DJ HO.

p.s. Links of the week - Top 10 NBA plays. Skinner's block on Marion in preseason - NASTY! Vince Carter over Zo - Nastier! And for those soccer fans out there - amazing skills here.

7 comments:

PiCkLeS said...

wow i didn't really know people enjoyed reading my blog! It's more a place for me to vent and for my friends to keep up with what i get up to - but thanks!!

I didn't know that we have met!??! who did you go with? Alison?

Natasha said...

I'm with Em, I'm flattered that you like reading my blog. I'm returning the compliment; you're a pretty interesting read yourself.

I'll try to continue keeping it raw, raw like a french steak, just for you ;)

Anonymous said...

Zo can still Block the shit out of Mofos. Sure, he's been abused more of late than ever in his career, but his blocks per 48 mins is still up there with the best in the league, if not the best. The way Vince went about that throw down, I think he coulda done that to Zo in his prime. He got up so high and took a big hit, chest to chest with Zo, and knocked him out of the air while Vince was still way above the rim, so after absorbing the contact, all he had to do was throw it down with force. Awesome dunk, and I respect Zo (and I'm not a huge Vince fan) but you can't blame that on Zo slipping. It was Vince doing his thing, and he could do it to anyone.

DJ Ho said...

pickles - I think I'm not the only one that enjoys reading your blog! Yup....Alison, how did you know? I'm gonna put a post soon about the Newtown Community festival. I made sure I took my digital camera as inspired by you taking all these pics @ the food events you go to. In fact, I'm thinking about checking out the Pyrmont Food Growers market - based on your pics alone, so it'd better be good!

Tash - Me interesing......no way! What I mean is that your're honest with your thoughts and because you are I can really feel what you are saying, whether its anger or joy. Yes keep it raw, don't go medium rare on me now!

Fool On & Tim - Zo still a shotblocking force. He comes off the bench for like 19mins or so and sends about 2 shots back to sender. VC woulda done that on Zo back in the day. In fact, he prolly woulda seen him, and pogo-jumped him ala Federic Weis style!

When Zo was with New Jersey, his problem was that after surgery he couldn't absorb body contact anymore. And the thing was, that was his game. The ability to be physical and play with force.

Cocking the arm back? He did that so Zo couldn't touch it. He would have dunked that on all the best shotblockers: Wallace, Kirilenko, Chandler.

All I can say is, that dunk is AMAZING. I was screaming and hollering from my computer desk @ 4am in the morning!

Student154 said...

Damn. I should comment... but what i want to say is said... so Peace

PiCkLeS said...

ha! i do remember you...i just never realised that it was you. That's sooo many years ago? you knew Alison from tutoring right?

The grower markets are pretty cool, though you need to get in early before the good stuff sells out. It less about eating...more about buying food to take home to cook.

DJ Ho said...

Em - I still don't understand how you knew it was me.....it's not as if I walked up to you and said "I'm dj ho". And yes, the formal was 6 years ago!