Tuesday, November 22, 2005

He's so grown up now......awwwww


I think I spend like 50 hours a week on the computer. You don't need to be a scientist to work out that's not very good on your eyes. Yesterday, finished at 8pm and got a cab ride home. And tonite, couldn't be stuffed staying any later, grabbed the laptop and worked on it on the train ride home. Cracked open a can of coke and knuckled down and submitted my part of the project at 9.30pm. I'm officially a corporate slave. Welcome to the real world, DJ Ho.

More importantly......my lil bro has finished the HSC! He's gone off to alternative skoolies - the central coast. I can't believe how fast this little kid has grown up. I dropped him off at the train station, stood back and thought, woah things done changed.

I gave him my massive backpacker backpack that I took overseas. It looked a lil big on him, but he was strong enough to carry it. The plan was to go with him to Central station to make sure he got the right train but i just plain stopped. If he's going all the way to the Central Coast, he's gotta be able to make it to Central Station by himself and get on the right train.

I also forced him to carry the heavy backpack from our house to the car, and from the car to the train station. He's got to be able to take care of himself - to survive on his own, otherwise he'll never grow up into a man.

I used to be able to beat him up (ok - that's not something that I'm proud of), out run him in a foot race (maybe I'm just unfit these days), have bigger muscles than him (all that breakdancing and walking around on his hands have sure made him into a lil beast).

I miss having our daily basketball one on ones since our basketball ring got taken down. Every day I use to take him to school. Our ring was only like 6 feet off the ground and I used to take it to the rack and dunk on him all the time. Then one day, something happened. He exploded to the ring and straight dunked on me! That made me realise two things. Baby boy is on the come up and I had to posterize him a few times to show him who was the man.

Always have your back bro (well until you break it carrying my stuff!)

No comments: