Monday, July 25, 2005

Sleepless in the Inner City

Work dominates my life at the moment. You can probably gather from the posts. I can't help it. Wake up, go to work, finish, come home, study, sleep. A never ending cycle. It doesn't help that I'm studying now. They talk about work life balance but there's no such thing when your doing post grad study. I haven't had much sleep in the last 24 hrs and prolly won't expect much in the next 72 hours until my assignment is handed in.

On another note, gotta give props to my man TJ Ford for bouncing back from a severe spinal injury to playing on the court again. It's good to hear stories like that especially how Jay Williams is coming back too after a motorbike accident.

I really do hope that Kwame Brown pans out in LA - I don't ever think he'll reach his potential as a number one draft pick, but dude at least turn out to be a serviceable power forward. He's got undeniable gifts - athletic and extreme quickness but no motivation to be the best he can be. Speaking of reaching their potential, I also want Darko Milic to silence the critics. Give him some time Flip Saunders! It's too early to call him a bust but don't you think Joe wishes he had drafted Dwayne Wade? Carmello? Chris Bosh? Kirk Hinrich?

Will Kwame or Darko ever reach their potential? Have your say on DJ Ho's blog!

No comments: