Monday, June 27, 2005

Old School

It's excellent to catch up with some old friends. I made it to Nik's 23rd birthday (holla) saw some faces that I haven't seen in maybe 5 years and some in a long long time. We were reminising about old times - when days were spent mucking about in the playground, spitting tales about weird English teachers we used to have, when we were young, dumb and full of fun. And it's just as good to hear how everyone's going and the latest goss - that Craig's a fireman, another dude has a kid, Bassam's gone to South Africa as a missionary, some are still studying and others are considering going overseas to work & travel.

Like Rakim said " It's been a long time" when I've been out with some people not from work or my immediate social group. Some things have changed, some thangs have not. Luke's still putting away those ciggy's like there's no tomorrow. Plunk, Crayzee and Me still share our love for hiphop - sharing the latest news in the rap world, including that Meth - the Ticallion Stallion is coming out to our shores.

High school friends and high school memories. Something that I will treasure for life. For me, most of the closest people to me are the ones from those 6 years we spent together in the pen - nah just kidding, I mean at Tech. Still remember those days - catching the 7.51am train to Bevo, hanging out in the year 12 study playing Big 2, being the first guy cut from the tryouts for the opens team, running around in the oval playing touch footy, getting detentions for having 2 lates in a week. But the thing I remember the most are the people.

I wonder where everyone is now. What they are doing, where they are at whether their married/single/twice divorced with a baby on the way/working/studying and simply where they've been and where they intend to go. It's all about the stories, the memories, and the faces.

Hearing about these mini high school reunions and these informal gatherings, I thing man why can't we have some major bash and try to catch up with every, and I mean everybody. I know its gonna be hard to contact everyone but dang - we graduated in 1999? Its the year 2K5 peoples! That's like 6 years. We don't have to wait 10 years til the year 2009 to meet again.

Let's all try to meet up in a few months time. So I'm throwing it down. I've picked some random date and location - Saturday, September the 3rd 2005 @ Jacksons on George. You contact your peoples, I'll contact mine. Even if only 20 people showed up, it'll still be awesome. Anyone you bump into who's from Sydney Tech, let'em know.

3 comments:

Student154 said...

I'm up, but like i dunno any of you guys

nayfon said...

Bassam is a missionary? what the? That's awesome...for God or Allah?

DJ Ho said...

catholic othordox or coptic? I'm not exactly sure . But its definently not muslim.