Thursday, June 23, 2005

Debut Singie: Rookie on the block

I was really hyped up today when I played my first competitive basketball game in ages. Making my debut for my work team, I scored 6 points!!!!!!!!

I came on as a sub halfway thru the first half, made a nice cut down the middle of the lane, recieved a pass within several feet of the basket. I kinda knew what to do - without even thinking about it. Just naturally, I grabbed the ball from chest high, pulled it down, and layed it up within one swift motion. All whilst moving. I can't explain it, I just knew what to do! It was a nice Kobe Bryantesque move. That was mad, my first shot straight up.

A couple of trips later, I was standing outside the key on the left hand side. Another sweet pass, found me open. Instintively I knew what to do, and buried that Robert Horry style. Second shot in, 4 points for DJ HO!!!

I was tired but pumped up. I ran the fast breaks hard and called for the pass and recieved a nice go ahead pass. Took two steps, extending the arm, layed it up but bounced off the rim. Dang! Shoulda finished that. I had good body control and full extension and blew it.

Then half time and was totally out of breath. One of the managers, wouldn't let me sit out and ordered me back onto the court cause I was a junior. He's like son, you're young and got energy, so get back on!

Running around with cramp in your sides is not fun, but I do it for the love of the game.

Battling inside for the rebounds, a grabbed an offensive board and put that sucker back in.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, in mixed basketball, you apparently can't block chicks. I was warned b4 hand but totally forgot. This chick was on a breakaway and pulled up for a short J. I came over and BAM! Knocked the bleep out of that shot. The girl started laughin and everyone was like cracking up cause they got awarded 2 points straight up.

man, that was a fun time. It's the best fun I've had in a while. A successful debut for DJ HO. And BTW we killed the other team 38 to 24.

Bring on the FLAVOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: