Tuesday, December 21, 2004

StopRippingMeOff

I feel really good today. To cut a long story short, I have been battling with the Padstow Branch of the CBA. WHy? Because as a student, your not meant to get charged with $5 account keeping fee. But they chose to charge me twice until I notified them that they couldn't. So they reversed one of the charges but not the other one (which was actually charged b4 the one that was reversed). I could have ignored it, but I decided to make my complaint known.

So i went back there several times to fix it up. It wasn't about the money, it was a matter of principle. it still didn't get reversed, and my complaint was falling on deaf ears. So in my silent protest, I transferred my remaining balance out of the bank and entered the transcation as "StopRippingMeOff". This word also appeared in my bank statement. It was an awesome feeling. POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!

I just feel that the service of the banks (all of them) is just appalling. I hate having to wait in a line that seems as if I'm lining up to purchase concert tickets......when in fact, all i am trying to do is deposit MY MONEY into their coffers.


he came he SAW

What words can describe the movie "SAW"? Intense. Awesome. Thriller. Horror. Scary. Bloody. Must see movie. Aussie?

All i can say I really wanted to see this movie and it delivers. Its fast paced and cut in the similar mould to Seven. Essentially the movie is about these two dudes who get trapped and chained in this industrial bathroom by some psycho called "Jigsaw". This nutcase forces them to either make choices and the two guys are forced to work together to solve the mystery of why there are there and more importantly, how they will get out of there.

DJ HO gives this movie 9 out of 10.

We Will Rock You

Buddy you’re a boy make a big noise/
Playin’ in the street gonna be a big man some day/
You got mud on yo’ face/
You big disgrace/
Kickin’ your can all over the place.

The musical "We Will Rock You" was very good and not just because I went for free! Its about the death of contempoary creative music and is set in the future (2050) when electronic music dominates. Creativity, individuality, thinking freely is out. Conformity, Obeying the all-ruling corporation is in. The play is about Gallilleo and Scarramouche, two charaters who attempt to find out who they are and rebel against the rest of society by attempting to be different. They manage to team up with the Bohemains, an underground race of rag-tag rebels who the Corporation is attempting to wipe out.

Essentially all the characters and the whole story is based around Queen Songs, and every 5 mins they break out into a Queen song. If you don't know who Queen is or their songs, it doesn't matter cause you'll still enjoy it.

I'd recommend this musical. My ticket cost about $50 and I had a seat upstairs.On the DJ HO Scale: 8 out of 10. FYI who is Queen? They are a group and they were absolutely huge in the period of 1975-1990. When I mean huge, they were like Michael Jackson in the 1990's to the power of 10.


Young Leaders XMAS Ball

All I can say is this is not what I had expected. When I walked through the entrance, I had what you could say was a bit of a shock. At the entrance were a bunch of old FOBS in their 40's, cheap balloons hanging from the ceiling, an asian band singing in Chinese to a curtain backdrop with letters stuck on. You could say it was a bit tacky. But I bit my tongue and just laughed it off cause the ball cost me $30, so i was like "what can you expect?".

But I ended up having a very very enjoyable time. It was such a fun night. We won the Trivia. We couldnt' figure out all the answers so Chris (who is very competitive) decided he badly wanted to win so he started calling up some people to get the answers. I'm sure your not meant to do that but we came first.

I think what also made it so enjoyable was the company. I think the people that your with can make any situation better. We meet these three girls (Lisa, Mimi, Dao - when are you gonna email us?), and they were just hilarious doing stuff like grabbing the balloons from the roof, sucking the helium and singing out loudly. Yes they might have drunk too much wine, but they were really fun to be with. Jacq, Chris, James (after they decided that they weren't going to kill me for bringing them along) were great company.

On a slightly more serious note, the keynote speaker Pamela Vernon (who pushed Century 21 to its heights now and now trains CBA Management) gave a real stirring speech on about leadership. She basically talked about her sister for the first time ever. Basically her and her sister, grew up in orphanage home and were severly abused. Her sister was diagnosed with a life-ending disease and was only expected to live another couple of years. She didn't even finish year 10 when they both left the State Home.

Her sister then penned a story about herself for some National writing competition and came first. Then on the strenght of that, she got accepted into Wollongong Uni. And the most amazing part was that she won the Uni Medal for her degree. Now Pam's sister is Dr Vernon, doing groundbreaking research into the disease that crippled her. That's overcoming real adversity.


DJ HO's Hypotheticals

Air Canada has officially landed in New jersey! In case you didn't know Vince Carter just got traded for Zo, Eric & Aaron Williams, two draft picks. When I first read about this deal, I thought this trade was just stupid for both teams. In theory its simply a maxed out Vince Carter for Kenyon Martin. Its good for Toronto cause they got rid of Carter, get some financial flexibility (hopefully Zo retires) and they can rebuild around Chris Bosh.

For New Jersey, they can have some awesome fast breaks with RJ and Kidd pushing it up the floor. But they'll have an enormous hole in the middle. Somehow i don't think Jason Collins and Brian Scalabrine can cut it. And you can't fast break if you can't grab rebounds. I reckon the only winner is Sportscenter, who get more highlight reels of Kidd to Carter. Also, NJ have no flexibility now cause they are paying max salary to like 3 players: Kidd, Carter, RJ yet have no depth and no post presence. To be honest, I'd rather have K-Mart than Carter.

Sports fans lend me your ears! Tell me what you think about the deal

CHINA IN 5 days!

No comments: