Tuesday, December 14, 2004

It's your birthday

Dear diary,

It's 12.04am. It's 4mins past my 23rd birthday. I'm not sure what to make of it. It hasn't hit me yet that I have turned 23. Even though I'm supposed to be older, wiser, more mature, I don't feel no different to when I was 18. The only good thing about it so far is that its Michael Jordan's number.

Where am I now? I've started a new job at a good company, have a beautiful gf, finished uni, loving family, great friends who I can depend on. There is not that much more that a man can ask for. I still remember my b'day speech at my 21st. I got up and said: "I feel quite lucky to be have so many friends". And then I sat down! To be honest, I'm quite happy the way life is and if I had a party right now, I'd prolly say the same speech, this time with a few more words added in.

At 23, I guess I've got to perhaps start thinking about the future. I'm not that young any more. Maybe in a couple of years I'll get married, buy a house, get a mortgage and perhaps be a father one day. The age 23 definently sounds a lot more serious than 22. Maybe I'll even start to dress my age - no more basketball jerseys? Sorry, I think that's one change I won't make - sorry dawen!

If this was the NBA, 23 would be the age that you start realising your potential. For me, it's time I start utilising everything that I have learnt in life - from uni, from the playgrounds, from the streets of Bankstown, from work. I don't think I've really thought about my own life seriously beyond 23. In terms of basketball, it's time that I unwake and unleash my true abilities (hahaha), becoming the true sleeper of 2004~! Well maybe not.

I know that I don't really have a party planned, but maybe we can do something this Saturday night? Eg. go out and eat. I would love to pay for everyone but unfortunately my financial situation isn't that great at the moment as I'm scraping together every penny to go to China.

Feel free to post a b'day comment!

Leaders where you at?

I'm going to the Young Leaders XMAS ball this friday. It's organised by the Young Unity party (some Asian political party. It's like some anti one nation party formed in response) and is targeted towards university students/graduates/young professionals. I've been told by the organiser (my mate Willis from uni) its primarily a networking event to meet other people and has little to do with the political party. i'm sure there is some slight bent as the speaker is Dr Peter Wong, the founder but that's cool, I've googled him and read his speeches in Parliament, and agree with some of the points that he makes.

Also, being the current Vice President of the UTS Networking Society (yes thats me!), I feel that I should go and represent along with the official delegation (the President - Jacquline) and our partners. To be honest, I was gonna go anyway becoz I like to be connected. Hopefully I'll meet some political heavyweights, cause I need some more political connections!

The tickets are $30 and includes a 3 course meal @ the Mandarin Club in the City. We have 4 people, possibly 5 on our table, and would like some more. If your interested, email me at djho.mixes@gmail.com. It's on this Friday, the 17th and starts at like 7.30pm.

DJ HO's hypotheticals

Who is the biggest bust/disappointment of the following #1 NBA draft picks? Why?

a. Joe Smith

b. Kwame Brown

c. Michael Olowakandi

d. Lebron James, since he was meant to average 100 points/50 assists/70 rebounds a game.


No comments: