Friday, November 10, 2006

Dunk you very much

It's a Saturday morning, and I've been up since 7Am on youtubes checking out the top 30 NBA dunks of all time. After this, I'm going to my mates house to watch game of the week: Miami Heat v New Jersey Nets.

The Dunkoff by DJ Ho

Perhaps your into the classics like Jordan and Domnique
The newer versions are Kobe and J-Rich who are a lil more sleek
Bringing the ball between the legs for a dunk
But the original was the East Bay Funk
Perfected by none other than Isiah Rider
However, the purists say there's nothing finer
Than a reverse dunk by Harold Miner
Cedric ceballos and Dee Brown did it blind
Little guys like Spud Webb and Nate Rob blew my mind

I can't choose between a 360 degree pump by T-Mac
Versus the rocket explosion of Franchise to the rack
How did Nique get 45? The judges must be on crack
Bring an extra backboard if Shaq attacks
The Reign Man comes down with the raw power
But I prefer the finesee of Stanbury's 360 tower

Dr J defied gravity by taking off from the free throw line
23 then wowed us with his hang time
So I didn't think mankind could jump any higher
Until I saw Josh Smith a frequent flyer
He elevates and gets up so quick
Like Neyo said, he's "so sick"

However, the greatest dunker in my mind
Has a combination that is one of kind
Strength, vertical, finesse, footwork and flair
More than just hanging in the air up there
Taking a lil bit from Jordan, Dr J and Dominque
Adapting it with his own style making it unqiue
It's Vince Carter, just ask Federic Weis.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol, nice rhymes DJ Ho.

Yeh, who could forget Federic Weis at the Olympics? Gold!

Kris said...

Oh yeh, finally decided to get on this blogger bandwagon.