Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The Heckler




Just watched the video where Kramer (Michael Richards) basically ends his career. The video isn't bad. It's very very bad. You know when your just absolutely shocked and your jaw just drops to the floor in amazement? That pretty much sums it up.

I know its hard to apologise after the event as he did on Letterman. But I don't think we should crucify the man. We all make mistakes, and he made a big one in public. He flipped out. Cracked under pressure. Couldn't hack it when someone heckled him. Yeah, he probably should have retorted with a smart ass comment without resorting to angry racist remarks.

I mean far out, he didn't even attempt to be funny - he just ripped those two black guys to shreds. I was waiting for the punchline, but there wasn't any! It is disgraceful behaviour. However, I don't believe that deep down he is racist. He just lost the plot.

Maybe, i'm a bit more lenient towards him cause I love Kramer on seinfeld. But should I separate the character from the man?

I'm out like Kramer's comedy career

or

I'm out like the Thorpedo

No comments: