Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I want.......

"Human wants are limited only by one’s imagination. Through human development, the more an individual sees and learns, the more their curiosity is awakened. This leads to the desire for different objects to rapidly intensify and multiply. Effectively, this causes human wants to be unlimited in number.................... "

- Gide

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I want my own car
I want to move out of home
I want to go travelling overseas
I want a masters qualification without doing the study
I want Boris Diaw to put up decent stats
I want to be able to cook
I want to dive into a pool
I want to work in the NBA
I want to be able to speak Mandarin fluently
I want a Grant Hill throwback jersey
I want to dominate in a basketball game
I want an arcade pinball machine
I want to be a kung fu master
I want $$$ and lots of it
I want it all

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

".........However, wants are limited in capacity because a fixed quantity of resources can satisfy these wants. If one is thirsty, a certain amount of water can satisfy that need" - Gide

No comments: