Saturday, April 08, 2006

Taking a break


Guys, just want to let you know that I'm taking a break from blogging. My first entry was in 23rd June 2004 so I've been blogging for almost 2 years. It actually takes a lot of effort and time to write each entry. After spending all day in front of the computer at work, its not so good to be spending another 2 hours on the net after work. I try to update it twice a week and its killing my eyes and giving me a headache all this time on the computer.

I'm not sure when I'll be back (maybe a week, maybe a month) but I need to sort out some other stuff as well. Thankyou to everyone who has been reading my blog for the past two years and all your comments, thoughts and opinions.

Like Arnie said "I'll be back".

From the vault - pictures that never made the cut for DJ Ho's blog

Over the years, I've accumulated a lot of pics for my posts. But not all of them make the cut. If you've been reading my blog for a while, you'll notice I usually start with a picture because that grabs people's attention, then every 4 or so paragraphs I'll insert a pic to break up the text.

After I finish writing, or during the writing, I'll think of what pic I want. I usually consider what the paragraph is about, or a key word and find a suitable pic. I always use google image search and I usually know what pic I want. Sometimes I might trawl through hundreds of pics to find the ideal one. Like I said, to make a blog takes time, especially if you want to make a good blog.

Here a bunch of pics in my "vault":

This was for the Shower from Hell post cause the communal shower reminded me of that shower scene from American History X. This is one of the memorable scenes where he shoots two black people and he surrenders with his arms open.


There were heaps of pictures available of the Cronulla riot, but these two stand out in my mind. It represents a sad moment in Australian history and what happened in those couple of weeks - helpless people being attacked for no other reason than being of a certain race and being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Note, the same person is being attacked and is then dragged by the police out of there whilst another man tries to punch him.



I've got heaps of pictures of basketball players - of AI, Amare, D Wade, Kobe. But I guess I wanted to put up Paul Pierce aka "The Truth" aka P Squared because he doesn't get as much publicity as those guys, but I think he is one of the game's best players.



Originally I had planned to use both these pics at the start of two recent posts I had done. But I also had some other pics I wanted to use. I chose the black & white Martin Luther King photo over this one, because it had a better effect with the black background of the blog. Black and white pics seem to look better as you can't see the borders and fit more seamlessly. The other half naked Constanza photo was chosen cause i thought it was funnier :P

I wanted to use this for the "Democracy: so necessary" post. Its quite a simplistic picture but it shows what we must do to move forward as a society - it's all in or all out. It kind of annoyed me that no one commented on that post. Usually I don't care if no one comments. But when I write about something serious I dont get as many comments as opposed to when I write something humourous/entertaining. Maybe that's the reason. We read blogs for enjoyment and some of the stuff I write about might be too heavy for people to digest or they simply don't care. My brother simply says "DJ, no one wants to read an essay".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

say is ain't so Ho!