Friday, April 28, 2006

Listen to me now.......

I have no face
I have no body
I have no heart
I have no soul
I don't care if you're young if you're old
Here's my mission
I'm out to get them those who be slippin
Creepin while they be creepin
I be enterin into them
Silently violently that's not me
Quietly you'll never know I'm in your blood stream
Swimming I been injected now you're infected
And when you find me here it will be worse than you expected
Temptation, that's how I get in, that's how I got in
Information, is what you lackin, now I'm attackin
Your mind, and body functions, don't seem to function
Somethin, ain't how it used to be and it's because of me
Killin you, cold-blooded murderer
The bible told the world I would be here and now I'm servin ya
Along with the floods mass destruction and wars
You can listen to me, but the choice is yours

- Eightball on "Listen to me now" with MJG.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I needed something to listen to and popped in an old CD, which I hadn't heard in years. I bought this CD called American Is Dying Slowly (AIDS) in year 12 and thought the CD was really overrated. When I heard this verse it just stunned me. Stopped me dead in my tracks because its so graphic. So cruel in its shockingly true portrayal of one of mankind's greatest killers: AIDS. The editor on Amazon describes it in this way:

"Adding to the various viewpoints offered here, Eightball and MJG offer 'Listen to Me Now' a rap from the virus's perspective. "

And I think that's why the words are so strong and powerful, because they talk as if they are the virus - entering your bloodstream, silently not violently. Read it again and absorb the words, get the CD off me, or *find* it on the internet, because the way Eightball tells it, you better listen to him now.

Peace Out,

DJ Ho.

1 comment:

Inside Man said...

Eight Ball & MJG represent true lyrics down south. I love them dudes. "In My Lifetime" is a classic joint.