Thursday, April 06, 2006

Legally Ho - starring DJ Ho


The admission ceremony oath:

"During the admission ceremony, you swear that you will truly and honestly conduct yourself in the practice of a lawyer in the Supreme Court of NSW and that you will faithfully serve as such in the administration of the laws of this State according to the best of your knowledge, skill and ability"

When the oath is read out in court, you either swear by saying "so help me God" or declare and affirm by saying "I do".

I'm gonna be admitted as a lawyer tomorrow - become offically a lawyer of the Supreme Court of NSW. It's been a long time coming. 5 years of law school, player. 16 weeks of work experience. And now I can verify your documents! Well hopefully I can do more than just that. It's a quite a prestigous position to hold in society, unless your a certain Asian conveyancing lawyer in Hurstville (ranting).


The Ho-Maker starring DJ Ho as Matt Damon.

I loved studying law. The $64 million dollar question is: Will I become lawyer? That's an option I'd like to explore in the future. I mean why not? Its a prestigious position, intellectually challenging, and the money ain't too bad either.

You know my last semester at uni was just pure law. Without any pressure since I had a job already I just focused on studying law. I did so well that I walked away with the prestigious double:
1. The NSW Bar Assocation Prize for 1st Place in legal ethics
2. Inner West Law Prize for highest combined mark in legal ethics & legal accounting.

So I'm credentialled as a regulator, biatch.

A Time to Ho - You may have seen DJ Ho in the film "Legally Ho" & "The Ho-Maker.

If your in the city and want to celebrate with me, come to Bligh Bar after work. It's serving as a double occasion - a reunion for UTS class of 2004 (so hot right now), organised by Alexs and Anna. Check this review:

"This is one of the better bars for post-work drinks. There are 20 types of rum available by the glass. The selection cannot possibly be tasted all in one night."

I'm out like my non-lawyer status,

DJ Ho.

5 comments:

chrome said...

damn son! congratulations. didn't think you studied law. thought accountancy (where did that come from??).

good stuff. hope you got drunk last night.

have a good weekend

Waddie G. said...

I'm really happy for ya...the hard work, sweat and stress paid off I'm sure...keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ho. Good to hear you're now a bona-fide, honest-to-goodness lawyer =D
No go make those big bucks, player !

Anonymous said...

er..should read.."noW go and make those..."

DJ Ho said...

Obi - Appreciate the love. I'm studied accounting and law....how sad!

Prof - Thanks! I checked out your blog, you got some nice stuff on hip hop.

Hussy - how'd you find my site man? I haven't heard from you in ages! I'm still waiting for those big bucks too!!!!!