Thursday, September 15, 2005


Last week, I went to see a doctor, and as a routine checkup, he got me on the scales. Apparently, I'm 82 Kilos! Woah that's huge. Suddenly, I feel fat even though a few weeks ago I thought I was quite healthy. It's all perception, however, I think this weight has been gained through a number of factors:

1. Sitting down a lot at work, in front of a computer all day

2. Not getting much exercise - I don't even play for my basketball team anymore. They're really missing my 4 points per game average.

3. Eating a lot of food, but then again, my eating habits haven't really changed. Though, if I work late, I usually end up eating one of the following: Macca's/Hungry Jacks/Chips and Coke

4. Drinking a lot more alcohol than in the past.

So, i've been thinking about keeping up a more healthy lifestyle. And one of the things that I intend (stress the word intend) is to do more sport. I've always loved martial arts so I've been surfing the net and come across some viable options:

*Kickboxing classes at UTS Gym for $5 a session after work

*UTS Kickboxing club at Wollomolloo @ $10 a pop after work

*Kickboxing Works @ town hall runs classes at lunchtimes for 40mins and after work @ $20 a lesson, or $132 for 10 week pass

*Taekwondo @ UTS, $65 a semester

*Or my favourite, Wing Chun @ Combat Centre at Surry Hills.

I always wanted to learn some Bruce Lee styles and did briefly @ GBMA, but never had the discipline nor motivation to do it. I miss the comraderie and simply learning how to kick ass. The three hit combinations, kicks to thechest, the "snap", the Kali stick action, Wing Chun dummy exercises, and getting beaten up by Sifu Geoff with his ridiculously huge red gloves.

After my exam is over, I'm gonna definently look into enrolling in some classes cause I'm just not a gym type person. For me, I've got to be doing something that I find fun, whether it'd be pretending I'm Vince Carter bouncing a ball or Daniel San pulling off some crazy kick.

Peace Out,

DJ HO.

p.s. Found an imposter on Google Blog Search - a "DJ Ho (train)". Y'all know there's only one true DJ Ho.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, martial arts are mad. I really miss being the "dummy" that Geoff would always demonstrate stuff on. That man could literally kill me in a split second if he wanted to and there aint a damn thing I could do about it. And hes a foot shorter than me. Damn, maybe I need to get back into it too just so I could learn enough to prolong my life at least a for a few seconds.
Let me know how it goes. If its good, I might come too.

PiCkLeS said...

82kg isn't alot depending on your height?

I feel the same, all through highschool and uni I went from being too skinny and not being able to gain weight to putting on about 5kgs in the last 2 years. I sit at my desk 10 hrs a day 5 days a week. It's be ok if i felt healthy but instead i feel lazy and unfit.