Wednesday, October 25, 2006

What's your fantasy? (NBA)

It's NBA season soon and of course that means Fantasy NBA season is on. I'm in 2 Fantasy NBA drafts at the moment. These are my random points for this season:

- I hope Darko Milic becomes the player we all want him to be. To realise his potential and put to bed those ideas that he was a bust. Redemption baby. I believe this guy has talent but didn't have the confidence or opportunity with the Pistons. In a way, I'm rooting for him cause he's kinda reminds me of myself.

- Rajon Rondo v Sebastian Telfair: Unfortunately, I didn't stay up for the 11pm fantasy draft on sunday so i got auto picks. I didn't get a decent point guard, so I had to take a free agent gamble. I picked up Rondo and I know this sounds bad - but I'm banking on Telfair going to jail over his involvement in shooting the rapper Fabolous.

- Somehow I managed to pick up 3 triple double threats: Lebron James, Lamar Odom, Boris Diaw. Luck or genius in letting the computer pick for me?

- J.R. Smith: Again, I hope he does well. The Hornets traded him, and the Bulls basically gave him away to the Denver so they could acquire Adrian Griffin. You never like to see a young player with loads of talent get labelled with a attitude problem. Play some D son!

- The darkhorse this year I reckon will be the Orlando Magic. Dwight Howard is low post monster and is a beast. Once he refines his offensive game and meshes with Darko Milic - who complements him quite well with his shooting, they will be unstoppable. Add in the improving Jameer Nelson and the so called "best shooter in the world" JJ Reddick, they should make some noise. And they have this guy called Grant Hill on the team?

- Will the three headed monster of Jason Maxiell/Nazr Mohammed/Dice be enough to replace Ben Wallace?

- Will the game change with more uptempo style with skilled smaller players ala Phoenix Suns/Mavericks? I reckon its awesome how the Suns force other teams to go with smaller lineups by using Boris Diaw at centre. Now with Amare back will that change their style?

Only time will tell.

I'm out like the NBA off season,

DJ Ho.

No comments: