Saturday, October 21, 2006

I wonder where my life will take me. What is to be and what is to come. At the moment I have some idea where I want to go. No definite ideas, perhaps a few dreams. Are they real, will they ever come to fruition?

I just want to be successful in life. Is that asking too much? Perhaps we should be striving to be satisfied in life. Not meaning that we should be content to be happy with what we have (and that's perfectly fine) but looking to obtain a good quality of life. It's hard to express what I really mean, but I don't need to be filthy rich (though that'd be nice!) or the CEO of a fortune 500 company (yet!)

I want to be satisfied that I've achieved the goals that I've set for myself, have a healthy work/life balance, to grow as a person, to have good friends that I can laugh with and occassionally bitch to when things aren't going so well.

My career is important to me, and a lot of times I put this above everything else. I've worked my whole life for this. Or perhaps its that my parents worked their whole life for my career. Everything has been a stepping stone and a sacrifice. From the moment I entered primary school, then high school, uni and now the workforce. Working is just the next phase of my life - well for about 40 years or so.

I gotta find some things that I'm really passionate about and to really go after it. Unfortunately, there aren't many jobs for full-time bloggers. Or basketball players that are 6 foot that are slow, unfit and don't have a consistent jumpshot.

1 comment:

Student154 said...

I think the problem with a lot of people is they dream and procrastinate and never knock on the door of people that can get you to where you want to go. There's always things you can improve on, and it's just a matter of seeking criticism and input on how you can do things better.

It's easy to deem dreams impossible, it's hard to make them achievable. One of the best pieces of advice I've taken on board has been "fu*k it, just do"

so i'm saying to you, "fu*k it, just do"... what's work/life balance when you spend half of your freetime dreaming?