Tuesday, August 15, 2006

And that's one small step for DJ HO....

Suprisingly I'm not doing too bad after running/walking 14kms in Sunday's City 2 Surf. Apparently its 30,000 steps. I walked up the hilly bits and ran the downhill and flat parts. I didn't really push myself too hard given that last year I ended up in the physio a few days later.

Official Time = 130mins, but apparently you get a 8 min discount for being in HSBC start. So I actually did worse this year (122 mins) even though I started much further ahead. FYI last year's time was 120mins.

I'll train for next year, I promise.

Let's get Blown

Not sure how but I've managed to blow $150 each Friday in the last couple of weeks. For example, let's look at last Friday:

- Lunch @ Kingsley Steak House: Steak, side dishes, bottle of wine with 2 friends. $55. Each !!!!! This place is weird. it's like some kind of power lunch joint where only middle aged white males go. It's either a gay hangout or expensive busines lunch place. Imagine the looks I got, when I rolled into that place with 2 girls. And they were the only two females in the whole restaurant. You know how DJ Ho rolls.

- Dinner @ Capitan Torres: Tapas between 5 random people. $36 each! In fact, I don't even know these people. I know the sister of one of these guys. But it was some of the best food I've had in a while.

- Drinks @ Brooklyn Hotel & Cruise Bar: $50! Drinking and shouting people to Scotch & Dry's, Bourbon & Cokes, Beers can become expensive.

So that's $140 in one day. Man.

This friday night, I'm gonna head straight home.

I'm out like $150 Fridays,

DJ Ho.

No comments: