Thursday, May 04, 2006

Bow down when Lebron comes to your town!

45 points in game 5 of your first play off series?

hit the game winner over three defenders while tiptoing on the baseline?

triple double in your first play off game?

Magic, Bird, Jordan rolled into one?

At 21 years of age, you got to be kidding me. When I was 21, I was still in uni, in my 3rd year. I had just entered the workforce as a part-timer. I was still learning how to play defense, still learning how to hit a jumpshot. Imagine being Lebron @ 21 and being the best in your profession. Not for your age, but being better flatout better than everyone else, despite their years of experience and rank.

Folks, Lebron James is the present, future and the past. He's in the present. Holding it down as a one man wrecking crew taking apart the washington wizards. He won the all-star MVP this year, meaning he was the best player on an evening where all the best players in the L showed up to play a game. Already the second top scorer in the league, perhaps the best player in the game today.

He's the future, because he has so much untapped potential. King James will rule the league for the next 10 seasons. And he's the link to the past because he's got glimpse of Magic's passing ability, a bit of Larry's competitive fire, and the scoring ability of Jordan.

In short, Lebron's arrived. Recognise.

1 comment:

nayfon said...

yes I agree with Lebron being the best player in the league at the moment. At first I was a little skeptical about him, in his rookie year (when he won Rookie of the Year) I thought Carmello should've been co-winner. But since then he's grown leaps and bounds as a player. I can't really see anyone stopping him except himself.