Saturday, February 11, 2006

I AIN'T SAYING HO'S A GOLDDIGGER

Watching the world go by. Or was the world watching me?

Cocoa beans on the grind
The best coffee from that cornerstore
That you think is one of a kind
It's too early in the morning
As caffeine succumbs the mind

It's the rat race. Rushing from 9 to 5. Ipods in their ears, coffees and boost juices pumping through their systems. Businessmen & women, officeboys, secretaries, lawyers, rush to work in the heart of Sydney's CBD. It's a friday and all they are longing for is the weekend. To finish that day, meet up with friends, have a few quiet drinks. They rush past me, staring at the small line of people outside the photo shop at Wynard. Wondering, what could be so important.

At 8.20am at the Wynard Station photoshop, the line has started. Hot coffees in their hand and the briefcase in their other, co-workers stop and ask "what are you doing"? Friends ask "what's happening"?

Kanyeezy.

Kanye West is in the house! I found that he was performing at the Opera House earlier in the week and knew that I had to get tickets. It was a matter of life and death. The tickets went on presale on Thursday to tickettek members but you could only buy one at a time plus they gave you random seat allocations. I don't want to be sitting next to strangers by myself. So I agreed to meet a friend at 8.20am at the photoshop which doubles as my local tickettek outlet.

The line grows bigger and by 9am when the tickets go on sale, the fans move into the store. Word quickly moves throughout the line (like Chinese whispers) "It's sold out! Opera house is sold out", desperation and disappointment hits eevryone. Another rumour starts up "There's a second show at the Hordern Pavillion" and the fans spirits pick up.

I did miss out on the opera house concert (that would have been sick!) even though they went on sale at 9am to the public and I was there at 9am at the ticket outlet. That sucks. How could they sell them all to tickettek members before the public? It feels like the Olympics, where locals can't even watch this once in a life time opportunity in their own backyard because the sponsors and "friends of friends" get first dibs.

Unfortunately, the Hordern Pavillion tickets went on sale at 9.30am and I want to keep my job, so I rush back to work, load up the ticketek website & buy these little babies at 81 bucks a piece.

Kanye you better be worth crying over.

Your biggest fan,

Stan........oops I mean DJ Ho.

p.s. Best blonde joke ever. Click here. Trust me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I woulda got a single opera house ticket rather than a hordern ticket if thats all I could get. Kanye in the opera house with a full strings section plus his usual band is a once in a lifetime show not to be missed. I wish I was gonna be around for it.

DJ Ho said...

well i want to go with a group of people rather than just myself! the guy in front of me in the line, bought one ticket in the very last row of the opera house. it probably would have sold out again if he did a second show at the opera house.

Anonymous said...

of course it would have